Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've posted some pics. I went back to my Klock Werks 8 inch windshield with a fancy paint job to match my bike. Guess what it sucks. No wind protection at all. So went back to my Windvest 14 inch windshield . No wind and plenty of protection. Also hear my radio a lot better.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Looks good. I tried the 16" klockwerks and went back to my 10" windvest. I am going to sell the Klockwerks and buy a 14" windvest I think. Can't blame you for pulling off the 8" especially if you put any miles on. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree. I replaced the stock windshield with the windvest. The kllock werks windshield came off another bike. Always good to have some style on the bike but it has to have a function that works . IMO. Like the old saying chrome don't get you home

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I agree. I replaced the stock windshield with the windvest. The kllock werks windshield came off another bike. Always good to have some style on the bike but it has to have a function that works . IMO. Like the old saying chrome don't get you home
No but it damn sure gets you laid.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
112 Posts
Form, fit, and function. Unless all three are met, it is a no go! Never understood those that say it looks cool but then complain about the function. A road glide is a "touring bike". Turning it into a one trick pony riding up and down the street to look cool, is not my idea of being smart. But, too each his own!

·
Registered
29 Posts
i like the protection from the stock 16" screen but while i can almost always see over it if im upright, when i sit back its in my view and i need to look through. is the 14" windvest a little lower but with the good wind protection? i think that might be what i want

6 feet more leg than torso..

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I've put almost 40,000 miles on with an 8" KW and frankly i'm kinda tired of it. It'll beat you to death at times. I love the way it looks but after riding one with a 12", i'm thinking about a change. I really don't want one quite that tall though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts