Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm in the minority here but I'm just not a fan of loud pipes. I had a stock 2013 RGC that I was considering doing a full Stage One job on with V&H Monster Rounds but before I could get that far I ended up trading in that bike for a 2013 RGC CVO. The new bike had Rhinehart Racing 4" slip ons installed on it already and I hated them. So I found a set of stock CVO pipes here and installed them and we (wife) both love the stock sound and feel much better. The bike even feels like it rides better with less vibration.

Just wanted to post this here in case someone does a search wondering if they are alone in preferring stock, or at least quieter pipes... you are not alone!

There will be a good deal on some Rhinehart Racing 4" slip ons coming real soon!

· Registered
333 Posts
It is your bike and it should be and sound the way you want it to. I am not a fan of screaming loud pipes either, but love the 4" Jackpot's I got from Fuel Moto. Deeper rumble without the ear splitting roar.

· Registered
10,571 Posts
The old ya get, the louder everything, sounds annoying .:D

· Registered
508 Posts
It is your bike and it should be and sound the way you want it to. I am not a fan of screaming loud pipes either, but love the 4" Jackpot's I got from Fuel Moto. Deeper rumble without the ear splitting roar.
+1 Mdwatson, have the same Jackpot's - love he deep rumple without getting annoyed.

· Registered
3,691 Posts
The old ya get, the louder everything, sounds annoying .:D
I dunno. The older I get the harder everything is to hear. I like loud, but not just loud, its a sound thats hard to describe, but you know it when you hear it.

But "it" is definitely not stock, and definitely louder than stock.

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Part of my problem is that I have really bad tinnitus from an accident in the military and it's the type where I not only hear loud ringing always but I'm also hyper-sensitive to loud noise.

I am happy to report that we continue to be impressed with the new bike and love it more every day. Next up for it (and likely the last thing) new seat! Le Pera Maverick already on the way!!

· Registered
1,966 Posts
I just switched from stock cvo pipes to the fullsac cores, 1.75. I have bad tinnitus also, old Army tanker, and the setup sounds great..incredible increase in flow through the pipes too...but I think too loud for me....I cant imagine the 2.0 or larger..

· Registered
41 Posts
I know I'm in the minority here but I'm just not a fan of loud pipes. I had a stock 2013 RGC that I was considering doing a full Stage One job on with V&H Monster Rounds but before I could get that far I ended up trading in that bike for a 2013 RGC CVO. The new bike had Rhinehart Racing 4" slip ons installed on it already and I hated them. So I found a set of stock CVO pipes here and installed them and we (wife) both love the stock sound and feel much better. The bike even feels like it rides better with less vibration.

Just wanted to post this here in case someone does a search wondering if they are alone in preferring stock, or at least quieter pipes... you are not alone!

There will be a good deal on some Rhinehart Racing 4" slip ons coming real soon!
I understand your reason for the quiet pipes .. The only bad thing about the Stock CVO pipes is that they Hurt your Performance big time ..Try a set of Supertrapp Fatshots and a good tune and you won't believe the difference .. Here is a sound chart for you to look at...

http://www.supertrapp.com/images/pdfs/hot-sauce-db.pdf

· Registered
492 Posts
Don't worry, I have a '13 RGU that still has stock exhaust. My last bagger had a true dual set up with a set of aftermarket slip ons that became real annoying on those long days. My only plans are to ditch the headpipe for the Fuel Moto 2-1-2 and keep the stock mufflers. The local P.D. in certain cities here in So Cal like to write those tickets for loud exhausts (anything other than stock) too.

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't worry, I have a '13 RGU that still has stock exhaust. My last bagger had a true dual set up with a set of aftermarket slip ons that became real annoying on those long days. My only plans are to ditch the headpipe for the Fuel Moto 2-1-2 and keep the stock mufflers. The local P.D. in certain cities here in So Cal like to write those tickets for loud exhausts (anything other than stock) too.
Yes, I've been thinking of going this route as well. I especially like the idea of the ceramic coated headpipe to get maximum reduction in heat. How would you tune your bike after installation of such a system, assuming you stayed with the stock pipes?

· Registered
492 Posts
Yes, I've been thinking of going this route as well. I especially like the idea of the ceramic coated headpipe to get maximum reduction in heat. How would you tune your bike after installation of such a system, assuming you stayed with the stock pipes?
Probably go with the Direct Link tuner as I'm sure I will do cams later. I know at that point I will upgrade the mufflers. That's what I like about the DL tuner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.