Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I made it back to the Flight 93 memorial for the first time since Shark Week I. Did a weekend ride thru the hills of PA and stayed overnight at a riding buddies cabin about 10-minutes from the memorial. We all wanted to go by since none of us had been there since it officially opened. It's well worth the trip to pay tribute to those brave passengers and crew and I will make it a regular destination.

I think the memorial was very well done, and brings water to my eyes each time I go. I spoke
with two of the park employees and there is more additions to the memorial to come in the future including a visitors center. We arrived 10-minutes before the memorial opened and were 5-deep waiting to get in. By the time we left less than an hour after opening the parking lot was quickly filling up. It was nice to see so many people visiting the memorial. We must never forget that day.

I didn't have a camera with me but did take a few photos with my phone. For those visiting in the future the entrance is now right on route 30.

·
Super Moderator
9,655 Posts
I want to go back soon myself , I was there two years ago come August

I'm guessing that the bikes are around ground zero which is what the flag pic here is and the wall is in the area of the second and third pics ??

JtB

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to go back soon myself , I was there two years ago come August

I'm guessing that the bikes are around ground zero which is what the flag pic here is and the wall is in the area of the second and third pics ??
The picture with the bikes is just inside the entrance off of 30. The marble wall with the names etched into the panels is right about where the marking flags are in your 3rd pic to the right of the blue pickup truck. They appear to run at an angle directly towards the impact site beyond the wooden gate at the end of the marble wall in my second pic. There is a zig zagged granite low wall that comes from the parking area to the marble that you can kind of see the outline of in your 3rd pic.

Where the flag is located in your first picture is just beyond the impact site and is off limits to anyone but family of the victims. The flag was not there, but the boulder is and you could see flowers etc. from the wall sitting on the boulder left by the families.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts