Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Pictures of newly installed CVO seat with backrest added. The backrest mount is of excellent quality and craftsmanship.
I like it a lot. Congratulations!

I have myself the low-profile HD solo-seat with the passenger pillion. I didn't know I could also put a backrest (only have it in my touring seat).

I see it is a much different backrest than the one in my toruing seat.

Thanks for the info, I will think about doing the same.

Here is my bike (RGU 17 with detachable tourpack):

http://www.roadglide.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=332906&d=1508694719
http://www.roadglide.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=332922&d=1508694748

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like it a lot. Congratulations!

I have myself the low-profile HD solo-seat with the passenger pillion. I didn't know I could also put a backrest (only have it in my touring seat).

I see it is a much different backrest than the one in my toruing seat.

Thanks for the info, I will think about doing the same.

Here is my bike (RGU 17 with detachable tourpack):

http://www.roadglide.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=332906&d=1508694719
http://www.roadglide.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=332922&d=1508694748
I agree about the pad and will be replacing it with a different one. I would purchase the mount again but without the pad. You have one good looking bike!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Pictures of newly installed CVO seat with backrest added. The backrest mount is of excellent quality and craftsmanship.
I would like to buy that backrest, could you please tell me the coordinates to get it? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
721 Posts
There’s at least two places. This is the only one I can remember right now. I’ll share the other one if I think of it.
Harley Davidson CVO Backrest - HomeHarley Davidson CVO Backrest | The only rider's backrest for CVO from 2012 to Current
Thanks a lot.

I think this is the one you have, isn't it?

It looks a bit weak mounting system to me with fixing only in two hole. Is it strong enough according to your experience?

P.S. I looks very nice, yet, I would like to see the other one you say

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought this backrest set-up from George about a year ago. I've had ZERO problems with it. I was concerned about there only being one set screw holding the adjustable portion in its position. It has never moved.
I've emailed George a couple times, super nice guy and said if I had ANY problems, he'd make it right.
Buy with confidence.
J27

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Thanks a lot.

It looks a bit weak mounting system to me with fixing only in two hole. Is it strong enough according to your experience?

I have had mine on (2) bikes now and taken it off, put it back on dozens of times....never an issue with it not staying tight or moving - Prob my Fav accessory on my shit box

·
Registered
337 Posts
I just used the posted link and ordered one. Looking forward to installing and riding with support and comfort.

Reactions: Rubimad

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have had mine on (2) bikes now and taken it off, put it back on dozens of times....never an issue with it not staying tight or moving - Prob my Fav accessory on my shit box

I have finally bought it.

They are shipping it to Spain, so it will take a few days I think until I get it. I can't wait to try it.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Thanks a lot.

Sorry Rubi’ I didn’t see your post. I don’t actually have a backrest. I do have a CVO style seat I just haventfound the need for a backrest yet. I’m getting close though.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Can Any of you larger guys confirm that this mount will hold up to a big man leaning on it? Are any of you guys 250+lbs?
I am 6-02 and 240 lbs. This mount with my H-D backrest works very well and feels very secure. I dont believe you will have any issues with it.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I am 6-02 and 240 lbs. This mount with my H-D backrest works very well and feels very secure. I dont believe you will have any issues with it.

Good luck
Thanks. I actually already purchased one and honestly I’m not real happy with it for a few reasons.
1. It doesn’t move back far enough to not push me up towards the tank.
2. If I put it as far back as it will go it will not allow my passenger seat to mount-Yes it is a factory CVO passenger seat. Yes I can make the pass’ seat mount...but only if I adjust the backrest too far forward to be comfortable.
3. For near $200 they could do a little better job of cleaning up the cuts on the triangle mount. Almost looks like someone hand cut it with a torch. Honestly it looks pretty cheap.
4. The positioning of the triangle mount puts the backrest pad at an angle where only the top of the pad hits my back. Even with 1/2” spacers in the bottom two holes to angle the pad, which looks like shit, it still isn’t comfortable.

I’m usually not one to bitch much as I do my research and try to make sure I’m going to be happy with a purchase before I buy. No I’m not going to ask for a refund. I’ve already modified it to fit me well enough to be useful and I’ll modify my pass seat so that it will mount again.
This is only a review. Not bashing the company or suggesting nobody should purchase. It obviously works for many people. I would actually like some of you to push the backrest to the rear most position and then try to mount your pillion and let me know what you find. Maybe I have a defective seat.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Thanks. I actually already purchased one and honestly I’m not real happy with it for a few reasons.
1. It doesn’t move back far enough to not push me up towards the tank.
2. If I put it as far back as it will go it will not allow my passenger seat to mount-Yes it is a factory CVO passenger seat. Yes I can make the pass’ seat mount...but only if I adjust the backrest too far forward to be comfortable.
3. For near $200 they could do a little better job of cleaning up the cuts on the triangle mount. Almost looks like someone hand cut it with a torch. Honestly it looks pretty cheap.
4. The positioning of the triangle mount puts the backrest pad at an angle where only the top of the pad hits my back. Even with 1/2” spacers in the bottom two holes to angle the pad, which looks like shit, it still isn’t comfortable.

I’m usually not one to bitch much as I do my research and try to make sure I’m going to be happy with a purchase before I buy. No I’m not going to ask for a refund. I’ve already modified it to fit me well enough to be useful and I’ll modify my pass seat so that it will mount again.
This is only a review. Not bashing the company or suggesting nobody should purchase. It obviously works for many people. I would actually like some of you to push the backrest to the rear most position and then try to mount your pillion and let me know what you find. Maybe I have a defective seat.
Are you running the stock pad that came with it? - If so, swap it out and put the CVO Passenger Backrest Pad on - It should fix all your issues - The Pad that comes with it is Garbage

Make sure you get one that is for the Passenger Back rest in the "Short Version" as it has the "Triangle" mounting style that fits the Rider Back Rest Bar - See Pic #2 below for clarification

https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/short-passenger-backrest-pad-pa-01-52300361--1

1 - 20 of 34 Posts