Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real bad experience dealing with state farm ins, and I hear from others that's their m.o. :mad:
NO,(that's "0") negotiations, in so many words, it's take it or leave it. The adjuster said that they are locked in at the, (ridiculously low) quoted offer. They will not accept or even consider K.B.B. or NADA pricing.
I don't like to be so negative but it is what it is. Just want to share with others to beware of this ins co, when it comes to motorcycle ins. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
12,310 Posts
I had State Farm for many years, was challenged by Allstate to get a quote, long story short, Allstate was half the price, so I ended up switching all my vehicles and house. I had a claim last year and had absolutely no problems.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
If you total your bike Insurance companies only want to give the trade in value of the bike which is the lowest payout price.
The reason I didn't go with State Farm is because they only offered a $5000 max writer on accessories and I needed more than $5000 accessories coverage.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I guess I was incredibly lucky when my claim with State Farm was positive. No hassles, prompt service, fair payout and I was able to get it increased even more. I have allstate for my home and cars, they can't come close to touching what State Farm charges me.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I have nationwide, when I got hit by a rogue tire last year they paid for everything, new tires/wheels, fender, oil cooler, lowers, etc. it was just under 5k worth of damage and I had the check in under 2 weeks.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I don't understand these insurance companies.
My only experience was with Foremost. My kid wrecked my XR1200 and it looked bad. The dealer said total, but the insurance company said fix it.
In the end, the insurance company paid more to fix it then I paid for it new.
Parts are expensive !

·
Super Moderator
9,664 Posts
I am not concerned to some extent on the premium cost .In many cases you get what you pay for . I have Farmers on everything but thhe bikes and will nevr change companies . Seven years ago our house burned to the ground , total loss . We had our money six days after the fire . They are still our carrier on the new house .
I have had Dairyland on the bikes for more years than I know . Oct 12 in Gatlinburg , someone hit the bike in a parking lot , Dairyland stayed on top of it and I had myy money from them in a few days , then they were all over the other guys insurance ..

JtB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts