Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a little advice.... I apologize if this is redundant as I looked for info and couldn't find any on this subject. New guy, looking for some help.

i have a 2004 RG that I recently changed the windshield from the factory original to a HD OEM 4" windshield. After I replaced it and fired the bike up, I had a NASTY vibration between the top of the inner fairing and the windshield/outer fairing. If I put pressure on the inner fairing above the radio it helps a bit..

My question is has anyone else had this problem and what solution(s) did you do to fix it? or any ideas from anyone?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Looking for a little advice.... I apologize if this is redundant as I looked for info and couldn't find any on this subject. New guy, looking for some help.

i have a 2004 RG that I recently changed the windshield from the factory original to a HD OEM 4" windshield. After I replaced it and fired the bike up, I had a NASTY vibration between the top of the inner fairing and the windshield/outer fairing. If I put pressure on the inner fairing above the radio it helps a bit..

My question is has anyone else had this problem and what solution(s) did you do to fix it? or any ideas from anyone?

Thank you in advance.
I'd think it has to be a misalignment (windshield/fareing)and/or something not being tight enough. you only take out what? 5 screws? or try putting the stock one back on, for comparison.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
Sound like you didn't get the outer and inner fairing aligned properly.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Welcome to the Tank from a displaced Hoosier in West Alabama.
Make sure that the well nuts are tight. Have that same WS but have never experienced that situation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! Ill double check the outer fairing... I just bought the bike last year, so Im guessing the prior owner had taken it off before.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Wellnuts are cheap, if compressed get new and right lenght, radio bracket(ck links on here), remember that lil windshield is a deflector, sometimes to your face. And the gasket right. If it wasn't doing it before what changed?

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
Thanks! Ill double check the outer fairing... I just bought the bike last year, so Im guessing the prior owner had taken it off before.
Go to the dealer and look at the new bikes and maybe take a pic to compare when you get home. The gaps are very important to get closed up properly on the fairing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts