Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,694 Posts
I think you need to put the fairing back on for the speakers to sound good!

Sorry, you just left yourself wide open on that one. :) Speaker to amp/head unit connections possibly not tight? Someone on here who is much more qualified will chime in here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 2012 RGC with stock head unit and speakers. Believe it or not with my ipod plugged in it sounded great until I took the fairing off (and put it back on) after changing out my handle bars last weekend. Now not so good. When a song with any bass is on the whole faing vibrates like there is something loose. I know I'm going to have to tear it all back down. I was just wondering if anyone else has ran into this before and how did they fix it?

Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
Sounds like you did not get the fairing aligned back up right. This would let wind in and distort the sound and give your rattling sound. Make sure those inside fins are lined up properly or you'll never get it right.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
May not have the fairing on the hooks. Got mine back from the stealer once where they had to take off the fairing and had a vibration issue. Went to take off the fairing and as so as I took out the turn signal bolts the fairing just fell. Good thing I was holding on to it just in case that very thing happened. Also had the fender covered with a quilt.

I would say just take it back off and start over. Check all your connections while you have it off and then re-install. Just take your time and be very picky about how everything fits and you should be fine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did have trouble getting it on the hooks now that I think back on it. I'm going to take it back apart and see what I did wrong.
Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.
Scott

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
I did have trouble getting it on the hooks now that I think back on it. I'm going to take it back apart and see what I did wrong.
Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.
Scott
Take the headlight bucket out while the fairing is off. It will make it much easier to re-install the fairing. You'll actually be able to see the hooks through the headlight holes in the fairing. Just make sure you hear a snap sound when re installing the head light bucket. The same sound the headlight bezel makes when being seated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts