Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered both in Vivid Black, and the color match is amazing. The BadDad fender is absolutely awesome. The Advan Black Bags are about a 4.5/5 in fit, but the finish is awesome. There is some tweaking of the rubber bushings that needs to be done to get them to NOT hit large pipes like my street canons.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, Im hoping that because its black, my pipe tips are black, and I will be wrapping the pipes in black exhaust tape that it wont be THAT noticeable.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
what do you all think??
Hey Hotwire. care to comment on the quality of the Advan Black extended bags? I'm not so much interested in the paint job, but how about the quality of the ABS bags themselves. Any ripples, valleys, mold imperfections etc.?

Do the lids fit well? Did you use your Harley lids or buy lids from Advan Black?

I'm in the market for some ABS extended bags (flat bottom style). I purchased a set from Mutazu but was really disappointed in the ABS quality and had to return them for a refund. They had noticeable mold marks in them and the side of the right bag was wavy as hell.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Hotwire. care to comment on the quality of the Advan Black extended bags? I'm not so much interested in the paint job, but how about the quality of the ABS bags themselves. Any ripples, valleys, mold imperfections etc.?

Do the lids fit well? Did you use your Harley lids or buy lids from Advan Black?

I'm in the market for some ABS extended bags (flat bottom style). I purchased a set from Mutazu but was really disappointed in the ABS quality and had to return them for a refund. They had noticeable mold marks in them and the side of the right bag was wavy as hell.
wevsspot,

The bags are pretty straight and smooth. I used my original HD Lids, and they fit pretty good. I mean, I will find out if they leak when I'm out in the rain, but so far so good. they don't close PERFECTLY like the HD bags and lids do, but they close without much effort, and using only one hand. I would take the time to adjust AFTER I'm done the Orange Plasti-Dip. I think the latch bars may not line up PERFECTLY, but I will see.

They seem to be built well, and there are very little that I could notice that was a molding issue. And those are on the inside. I'm going to line the bags with felt anyways so its no problem. If I do decide to go with the speaker lids It will be from Advan Black, just so that I can have a sure thing with compatibility... or so I hope.

Thanks for asking, More to follow.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you for the brief review. Looks like you didn't have any clearance issues either with the larger diameter slip on / end caps.

Really turned out nice for you. Congrats.
Oh, I did. I had to tweak the pipes, as well as the brackets for the pipes and the rubber bumpers for the bags to get them semi-centered. Im not 100% happy with the fitment, but it could have been much much worse!

·
Registered
175 Posts
thanks WEVSSPOT for asking the question I was about to and thanks HOTWIRE for your feedback!
looks like I just found my Superior Blue Stretched Bag for a pretty reasonable price...
thanks,

1 - 20 of 22 Posts