Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RGS 114
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed an
inexpensive wrap fender on my 2021 RG special it definitely has the look I like, it was just a bit crooked and I couldn’t get it straight.
Plus I noticed the steal wrap fenders weigh about double the stock fenders.
So I decided to get a better fender and have it painted.
I ordered a BadDad injection molded fender. I don’t know if that means it’s made out of fiberglass or plastic I have no idea.
When I was first looking to get a painted fender I did not see Avanblack 19 inch available but now they’re available for about $500 delivered painted.

The BadDad that I will have is about $560 once it’s painted.
I guess the BadDad injection molded fenders are pretty thick so they don’t really weigh much less than a steel one.

So thinking an injected molded fender Would weigh less than steel is probably not true. So for me that was a selling point that is not accurate.
Not sure weight really matters but with the 11 lb steel fender i had on for one day I could tell the steering was little bit heavier than it did with the stock 5 1/2 pound front fender.
So to finally get to my question when I did a little research a lot of people say the fiberglass or plastic fenders eventually crack, what they also say The BadDad fenders fit very nice.
But I’m not really certain that’s the best choice I’m sitting here debating if I should cancel the BadDad and just get the Avanblack steel fender?

I have no idea what the rep is on Avanblack fenders as far as how well they fit.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Steve Housden (SIK Baggers on Youtube) uses the AdvanBlack products and swears by them. Of course, he is also a rep of the brand but it's still worth a look for your research.

I went with a KlockWerks fender through The Fairing Exchange. Maybe a bit beyond what you want to budget but I am very very happy with the quality and color match. Maybe also worth a look if you are still doing some research.

Best wishes.

·
Registered
2021 RGS 114
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve Housden (SIK Baggers on Youtube) uses the AdvanBlack products and swears by them. Of course, he is also a rep of the brand but it's still worth a look for your research.

I went with a KlockWerks fender through The Fairing Exchange. Maybe a bit beyond what you want to budget but I am very very happy with the quality and color match. Maybe also worth a look if you are still doing some research.

Best wishes.
Thanks My painter prefers RWD over Klockworks. But now that the Avanblack can be delivered for $500 and the BadDad will be $560 after paint i am not sure why i am picking the BadDad if they weigh about the same as steel. 🤪

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Okay...it sounds like a decision is made then. I mean, if the painter will guarantee his work and recommends the RWD, then can't see going any other direction. Bada Boom Bada Bing

Thanks My painter prefers RWD over Klockworks. But now that the Avanblack can be delivered for $500 and the BadDad will be $560 after paint i am not sure why i am picking the BadDad if they weigh about the same as steel. 🤪

·
Registered
2021 RGS 114
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay...it sounds like a decision is made then. I mean, if the painter will guarantee his work and recommends the RWD, then can't see going any other direction. Bada Boom Bada Bing
No i was just telling you what medal fender my painter prefers. My conflict is do i press-on with the injection molded BadDad fender that my painter will paint. Or canx it and get a Avantblack delivered painted for less being the 19” are now available. Not sure yet.

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,767 Posts
I think I can help. The RWD fender is awesome. The LS2 I assume? I have it. I love it. And if your painter is suggesting something. It’s because he has worked with it and knows there is minimal prep and paint work. You go budget and he has to put more time into it. It’s going to cost you more in the end. Advan Black. I have the rear dominator fender. It looks awesome. Fit right up. The lights are junk and you’re stuck with them because they mount in their own special shitty way. I’ve seen plenty of nice Advan black stuff. But will never buy anything from them again. SIK baggers is funded by them so he’s balls deep into pushing their products. Klockworks are also top of the line made right fenders. I just preferred the lines of the RWD fender. Don’t fuck with your paint guy. Take his advice and move on. Lol.
Tire Sky Plant Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Yep...that right there

I think I can help. The RWD fender is awesome. The LS2 I assume? I have it. I love it. And if your painter is suggesting something. It’s because he has worked with it and knows there is minimal prep and paint work. You go budget and he has to put more time into it. It’s going to cost you more in the end.

·
Registered
2020 Zephyr Blue / Black RGS stage 2 TQ cam,V&H power duals, Ventilator Ciro bag blades,Kahuna heate
1,227 Posts
Going forward CPV told me they do not warranty Avan black parts.Klock,Bad Dad, Native,
all good.This is my go to paint shop they know quality. Be warned

·
Shark of the Month October 13
11,720 Posts
I too, have a Klockworks fender that's been on the bike for 11 years. No issues whatsoever. Most painters find KW's fenders to be really close to 'scuff and spray'. Bad Dad has always made a quality product. It's nice to have options.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts