Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BADDEST BAGGER AUDIO SHOOTOUT Daytona Bike Week, sponsored by 'J&M Corporation to be held at Rossmeyer’s Destination Daytona March13th. Open to all riders, (not just those with custom bikes), 3 classes, 0-500w, 501-1,000w & 1,000w +. $500 gift certificate from J&M for the winner of each class. Scoring this year will be a combination of maximum volume available in decibels, and will include a clarity score multiplier as well. Entry into the audio system shootout is free, come by and help us separate the BS from the real players!!

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
I'm going to be in Daytona, I have to check the dates, if I'm there on the 13th, I'll be checking this event.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
That does sound like fun. I hope it's set up with some impartial judging.

Please report the results here for those of us that can't make it.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
+1 on the reporting for those of us still frozen up north. I'm slowly considering my stereo upgrade and am following with interest.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Watch out for my boy Allen Gregory from Bagger Concepts take this one, kids!

DJ Terry Moran

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Dont know Contest rules,...but!
Ought to not allow anyone in the Shoot-Out unless amps and equipment are Motorcycle Authorized. Like J&M/Hawg Wired/Bike-Tronics ... would wittle down the field just a bit I'd imagine.

Still have ur , uno , class for the Car Audio adapted to the Motor-Sik-le applications,.... hehehe!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
BADDEST BAGGER AUDIO SHOOTOUT Daytona Bike Week, sponsored by 'J&M Corporation to be held at Rossmeyer’s Destination Daytona March13th. Open to all riders, (not just those with custom bikes), 3 classes, 0-500w, 501-1,000w & 1,000w +. $500 gift certificate from J&M for the winner of each class. Scoring this year will be a combination of maximum volume available in decibels, and will include a clarity score multiplier as well. Entry into the audio system shootout is free, come by and help us separate the BS from the real players!!

Will there be a class for "regular" bikes? Or will my bike have to compete with "custom" bike shops?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that is why we have the 3 classes ,,,,,, so the NORMAL guy can participate also ,,,,,, ((I will be personally inspecting the bikes for hidden amps and I am also sure that a few guys will not tell the 100% truth, so it is what it is)) ,,,

NONE of the J&M audio demo bikes have more than 500w RMS on them ,,,,,,

when you get much over that ,,,, charging system issues can crop up ,,,,,,,,

BUT it is cool to hear what certain enthusiasts can do with 1,000+ watts of RMS power ,,,,,

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
that is why we have the 3 classes ,,,,,, so the NORMAL guy can participate also ,,,,,, ((I will be personally inspecting the bikes for hidden amps and I am also sure that a few guys will not tell the 100% truth, so it is what it is)) ,,,

NONE of the J&M audio demo bikes have more than 500w RMS on them ,,,,,,

when you get much over that ,,,, charging system issues can crop up ,,,,,,,,

BUT it is cool to hear what certain enthusiasts can do with 1,000+ watts of RMS power ,,,,,

It's not RMS that distinguishes between regular bikes and dealer bikes, it's money and expertise. I have 1200 watts RMS on my bike but doubt it can compete with a company with bottomless pockets and that doesn't necessarily need to worry about riding the bike home at the end of the day. Ijs.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh let's not have animosity just because you think some have deep pockets ,,,,,, money is only a small part of a superb audio system install ,,,

the BEST system I heard in 2014 at the J&M/Baddest bagger audio shootouts only had around 750w RMS power ,,,,,,, but he put a lot of time and effort into special speaker enclosures etc ,,,,,

if you have 1200w RMS and you are disappointed with the sound, it may be a speaker or overall configuration issue ,,,,,,

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
oh let's not have animosity just because you think some have deep pockets ,,,,,, money is only a small part of a superb audio system install ,,,

the BEST system I heard in 2014 at the J&M/Baddest bagger audio shootouts only had around 750w RMS power ,,,,,,, but he put a lot of time and effort into special speaker enclosures etc ,,,,,

if you have 1200w RMS and you are disappointed with the sound, it may be a speaker or overall configuration issue ,,,,,,

I agree with this^^^

I don't go to national bike shows, pro drag races, or audio sound comps to see or hear shit I can experience at a regular bike night. (I include myself in this group of folks) I expect to see the baddest of the bad and would expect no less from a sound comp in Daytona. Somebody take video with a quality camera!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts