Road Glide banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading about how slow to respond to phone calls and emails the Factory47 and BR Custom guys are, I continued my search for some bars. For some reason, I again searched ape hangers on here and kept scrolling until something caught my eye. Badseed. I looked them up, checked out their website, a few reviews on here and ordered a set from the website on Wednesday last week. THE SAME DAY, I got an email back asking for specifics. I returned the info and two days later (FRIDAY!!), I got an email stating they were DONE AND SHIPPED! I got them on Monday, mocked them up and took them to the powdercoater on Tuesday at lunch. Tuesday afternoon, the powdercoater called and said they were done. Needless to say, the bike started coming apart Tuesday night. Well, life happens and I managed to get done last night. I am very pleased with the look and feel.

Thumbs up for Shawn @ Badseed. Beautiful welds. I wish I could have gotten them powder coated clear, but the powder coater said he had to sandblast them and they would not have the gorgeous finish that I was thinking.

Anyway, I bought the Guerrilla Cables extended harness kit and only used the connectors. My factory harness was long enough on all the wires (did some rerouting under the fairing)!

I got a +6 brake line. I should have got a +4, but this one will do fine.

I got a +8 clutch line. I should have got a +6, but this one will also do just fine.

One of the emails I did manage to get from Factory47 was that I should use +10 brake line and clutch cable. What?! The?! F?! Really? Wow...smh

Mock Up Pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The first pic is the Badseed vs the stock bars

The 2nd pic is the Badseed vs 12" Chubby Wild1s

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a pic of me sitting on the bike, roughly as I would riding it.

I'm 5'11" with a 34" inseam. I have an MCC worked stock seat that's been lowered about an inch.

Using a carpenter's level, my shoulders and knuckles are perfectly level with each other.

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
Damn those look good. Makes me 2nd guess my 14 in Pist apes I just ordered. Enjoy.

·
Registered
299 Posts
This is a pic of me sitting on the bike, roughly as I would riding it.

I'm 5'11" with a 34" inseam. I have an MCC worked stock seat that's been lowered about an inch.

Using a carpenter's level, my shoulders and knuckles are perfectly level with each other.
Ok you sold me. I was going to go with 14" makos....but now I am liking your set up instead. Could you please tell me exactly the bars you have. I went to their website and don't which ones match yours. Is it the short or medium pullback? Is it the 18" peak height with the 16" high location of the grips? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have the Bad Seed Med pullback 16/14 Love em !!
Would you have a pic with you sitting on the bike to show arm and hand placements. I'm 6'1" I was thinking only 14" bars but might consider 16" hand height bars. I hate to spend the money and find out the the 16" is too tall for comfort. Thnaks

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Thanks for the info. The one thing I read I didn't care for is that I have to get them chromed or powder coated still. Don't Know what that will cost and would worry about fit issues after is been done.
That was the main reason I didn't go with these bars. If they came in chrome I would have ordered a set. My schedule is pretty hectic and I don't have time to run around looking for someone to chrome them for me.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That was the main reason I didn't go with these bars. If they came in chrome I would have ordered a set. My schedule is pretty hectic and I don't have time to run around looking for someone to chrome them for me.
I see you hail from Burbank, CA. I would think that there would be a couple of chrome shops in your area. The only local chrome shop here only does industrial chroming and the next closest one is over an hours ride.

I'm sure one of the main reasons that Shawn is so fast is that he doesn't deal with the hassle of getting them finished. I think it is smart on his part. My buddy FINALLY got his BR Customs bars in this week and they were damaged in shipment. Now he has to send them back and get them rechromed.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I see you hail from Burbank, CA. I would think that there would be a couple of chrome shops in your area. The only local chrome shop here only does industrial chroming and the next closest one is over an hours ride.

I'm sure one of the main reasons that Shawn is so fast is that he doesn't deal with the hassle of getting them finished. I think it is smart on his part. My buddy FINALLY got his BR Customs bars in this week and they were damaged in shipment. Now he has to send them back and get them rechromed.
I'm sure I could have asked around for somebody but I didn't want to take a chance with that. Now if I wanted them powder coated, it was no problem as my Indy is always sending parts out for that. The Badseed bars are definitely a nice looking bar and the price is right. I opted for the Carlinis instead.

·
Registered
299 Posts
How is the wrist angle and pull back on these 18" bad seeds? I would like to keep my wrist inline with my forearms. I also don't care for so much pull back that I holding a wheelbarrow or having my elbows bending into my sides.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I find the wrist angle to be comfortable. I would have liked a little more angle. I'm sure it would have more angle if I pulled the grips further back. The pull back is perfect for me.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I find the wrist angle to be comfortable. I would have liked a little more angle. I'm sure it would have more angle if I pulled the grips further back. The pull back is perfect for me.
Would you happen to know the width and pullback size. Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Click on the link in post #10. There are some pics at that link. One of the pics will provide all of the measurements.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Click on the link in post #10. There are some pics at that link. One of the pics will provide all of the measurements.
Thanks....sometimes my brain works faster than my reading skills.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.