Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm installing Hogtunes lids and I was wondering how everyone was doing their wiring in and out of the saddlebags? Quick disconnects under seat? At the bag?

I'm also installing my amp in the bag so I'm looking to keep it nice and clean but also easy to removed bags, etc?

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
I'm going to use weather pack connectors at the saddlebags for my speaker wire. Going to drill a small hole in the bag and put a rubber grommet in the hole. That way the only thing you'll see is a small weatherproof pigtail hanging outside of the bag maybe 2 inches. I'll run the rest of the speaker wire under the seat and gas tank to the amp which will be installed in the fairing.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know how much room I'm gonna have behind the side covers. Gonna be running the stock side covers for a little.

Slothy from Chopped recommended getting the RCA quick connect adapters from lowes and installing them in the bag that way to quick disconnect the RCA plugs for my amp.
And I have deutsch connectors, thought about drilling a hole and placing a gromet there to run out the speaker wires and power cables from one to deutsch connectors for the lid speakers and Anderson power poles for the power and ground.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts