Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know from guys who have bag/lid speakers, are they worth the investment, I have upgraded my fronts (sony av5000, biktronic amp & spkrs), wanted to know if lid speakers make a considerable difference when riding at 50+ mph.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i have speaker lids on both my RG and SG and at 50, they certainly make a difference. at 80, just slightly. i do like to listen to my radio quite loud though.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
I have 6x9 H.A.T. Speakers in my lids and they fill out my sound.
I also have Fairing Lowers with PRV 6MR500-NDY Speakers and they are very loud.
If I was to choose I would go with Lowers over Lids.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I have lids, fairing setup. You can absolutely tell they are there at all speeds on my bike. Lot of clean, tuned power going to them

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
I rode a 19 cvo the other day with bag speakes. They make a big difference. Didn't go over 60 ,but they sounded as good going down the road as standing still. Just make sure they're powered properly.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Most come with covers. Can probably tuck them between bag and lid to keep riding. I did drill drain holes in bottom of the bags to get water out when I didn't use covers.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I guess a question I have is for the passenger. How do they sound for them on the back? Acceptable? Bad?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
My wife loves them. I was having a issue a few months ago with one of them shutting off, turned out to be a bad channel in the amp. She let me know immediately when they sound was lost.
Lets see how she likes the new 7x10s when I install them and retune

1 - 12 of 12 Posts