Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok....16K on my beast and it's almost time to celebrate it's 1yr of ownership. My wife has notice a bit of sound vibration from the bags. No, it's not because of my sound system...She noticed it when the music was off. Any better option for securing the bag brackets better? I'm definitely not doing the screw option for the bags to the brackets....I like being about to take mine off at a moments notice especially for adding air to shocks for 2up and tourpack addition.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Check the brackets that actually hold the bag to the bike. Mine came loose and I tightened and put a dab of locktite on the bolts. There have been several posts about this and one guy actually lost a bag going down the road. Duane5157

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
If you haven't done already, also check what's inside the bags. One small item can make alot of noise if its not wrapped up or whatever?

·
878 Posts
See my post down in "Do It Yourself" for the Dazus Keepers. Those o-rings I pictured there tighten those Dazus Fasteners right up, and kinda help dampen some vibrations.

Tried to post a link to it here but only succeeded in messing up that thread.

Use the blue loctite on those bracket bolts too...

Might check the rubber pads on the bottom of your bags...they do wear with the grit and grime of the road and the exhaust heat. If they contact the bar, they will make noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts