Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put the Bagger Bars for a Batwing fairing on a RG? I'm thinking about putting Mayhem 16" bars on but I don't want to be stretched out too much.. The height is good, I have tried the 16" on a SG and the height and reach was perfect.. Would the Bagger Bars even look right??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not sure it would work, the bottom of electra glide bars are wider than road glides. You'd need to check for contact with the fairing. The older bars are 1 inch so they would be to small for the clamp. I don't know about the new ones.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I measured my speedo/tach housing and I have to have at least 12 inches wide at the base to clear that. I could go as wise as 14 inches wide at the base and clear the fairing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You can get clamps for a 1 inch bar if the new E.G. bars aren't 1 1/4. Probably can pickup new bike take offs pretty cheap. If you do it post pics, sounds interesting.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
You can get clamps for a 1 inch bar if the new E.G. bars aren't 1 1/4. Probably can pickup new bike take offs pretty cheap. If you do it post pics, sounds interesting.
LA Choppers makes new clamps for the 2015 Roadglide.
Drag Specialties part # 0602-0741.
Hope that helps.
Swomack

·
Registered
39 Posts
I picked up a stock R.G. handlebar on ebay for 36 bucks with shipping. I'm going to change the pull back [cut and weld] to about 5 inchs, powder coat and stick them on. I'm fine with the rise, it's the pull back that's wrong for me.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I had stock eglide bars on my 03 RG. They work fine and I liked the position but just didn't quite look right to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts