Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya know, I like the esthetics of these covers and would pay the price but, I really don't a removable inspection plate. Any one out there running these things if so what are your thoughts?

Hey, my post count is now 700 shouldn't I be "Knighted" or something??

Anyway I like these covers.

Nevadasun

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Happy 700th...

I like the bully cover, but it's too rich for my blood. I DO like having an inspection cover, because having to remove the cover to see if the chain adjuster needs attention is a pain. Easier to pour fluid in the inspection cover, although the fancy orange funnel for the derby cover works very well...

Would be nice if the bully cover had some windage channels cast in to force more oil toward the center of the compensator, which tends to run pretty dry.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
I don't know what it costs, but it is a cool looking cover. If you are running the Baker manual chain adjuster that inspection cover would be real handy.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Looks like something out of the movie TRON. Not digging it, though I do like the idea of an inspection cover.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I'm liking it a lot. Why did HD do away with the inspection cover anyways?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I'm liking it a lot. Why did HD do away with the inspection cover anyways?
"automatic" tensioner doesn't need inspecting, that's the marketing spin, per HD.

Safe bet a bean counter also had a hand in it, 4 less bolts, 1 less gasket, one less component, and one less place to leak oil.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
"automatic" tensioner doesn't need inspecting, that's the marketing spin, per HD.

Safe bet a bean counter also had a hand in it, 4 less bolts, 1 less gasket, one less component, and one less place to leak oil.
Kinda figured as much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts