Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone here going to try the Baker Compensator besides me? 4k miles on my new 2014 style comp and I have already had several clunks. Got a Baker on order with the attitude adjuster.

My personal feeling is that really is not a permanent fix for teh compensator issue but i am willing to try out one that has been engineered to alleviate the issues.

Your thoughts?

I am at 34k miles right now and my bike is not going anywhere but where I go for a long time to come.

· Registered
542 Posts
Bummer!!!!
i did the compensaver and 14 compensator when you did. Have only put 400 miles on this set up.
My mechanic said Baker should be coming out with a manual chain adjuster like the old bikes had. He said that will help with a lot of the issues he is seeing.
How many miles have you put on your new compensator?

· Registered
7,115 Posts
I posted about that new Baker comp a few weeks ago when I got the email from them introducing it to the market. I would like to hear what you think after some miles. I put a Vulcanworks sprocket in mine and so far so good.

My mechanic said Baker should be coming out with a manual chain adjuster like the old bikes had.[\Quote]

Baker has had a manual adjuster for quite a while. I have one on my bike. To adjust it you have to remove the primary cover though.

· Registered
542 Posts
Baker has had a manual adjuster for quite a while. I have one on my bike. To adjust it you have to remove the primary cover though.
I thought that might be the case when he told me? I will have to print the info off of their web site and give it to him.
Your having good luck with yours? How many miles?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.