Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from an 80mile test ride of my new bars I installed last weekend. I am happy with the feel and look of the bars. I feel like I have greater control of the bike through the turns. The added sturdiness of the bars reduces the impact of vibration at idle.

Thanks to Donk with the handlebar install threads! Your instructions made the installation go much easier. I just took my time, drew diagrams and check them three times.

Also thank those of you that also provided you experiences and feedback.

I will add is make sure you pay attention to see if the opening at the bottom of the bars are sufficient for your wiring. I had to lengthen and widen the opening of my bars a bit in order for all the wires to pull through properly.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you have to get different kind of risers or can you use your stock ones.
The bars look great!!!! Thank you
Stock risers are all you need. The bars are 1" at the riser area.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
15 Posts
are they more confortable than the stock bars. I have 16 apes and everytime i ride my fingers go numb. I wanted something with alittle more pull back than stock.

Do you have a side picture?
Thanks

They look great.

·
Registered
553 Posts
not to change the subject but , does the alpine work with the handlebar controls ? if so was their a harness you got to do it ?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
are they more confortable than the stock bars. I have 16 apes and everytime i ride my fingers go numb. I wanted something with alittle more pull back than stock.

Do you have a side picture?
Thanks

They look great.
Thanks for the complement. The angle that I have mounted the bars dont seem to have much more pull back. My hands are in a more comfortable position though.

My previous bike had small beach bars on it, so I'm use to the wider hand position.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
not to change the subject but , does the alpine work with the handlebar controls ? if so was their a harness you got to do it ?
The alpine works with the handlebar controls. I bought the biketronics aftermarket radio install kit. I believe that it was their BT 1005 kit, which came with the adapter/interface for the controls and the radio's wiring harness.

Hawg wired and Biketronics sell interface kits that work with Alpine radios.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts