Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody using cyclesmith banana boards 19" along with the kuryakin 1" out and 1" forward board extensions? My concern is reduced clearance in corners. I have a 2015 w 13" shocks (ohlins 2-2b) Do the boards drag easy, hard or not at all? How hard do you ride? Thanks to all!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I've got the cycle smith XLs and don't see a need for the 1" out 1" forward extensions. I had the extensions you mention with the stock boards, but I have no reason to use them now. With the XLs I don't even need/have highway pegs anymore. Lots of real estate on these boards.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
I've got he cycle smith XLs and don't see a need for the 1" out 1" forward extensions. I had the extensions you mention with the stock boards, but I have no reason to use them now. With the XLs I don't even need/have highway pegs anymore. Lots of real estate on these boards.
My buddy was going to install the extensions when he got his XL Banana Boards but there was an issue installing them with the Banana boards and I can't think of what he said it was. Once he installed the boards without the extensions he said the exact same thing. Can't wait to get mine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The xl'S must be different in the way they fit than the 19"S with the 19"S the left board at the back by the primary is almost hitting and has no room to fold Up, on the right side as it folds it hits the exaust pipe. I wish I would have asked first. I did install the kuryakin 1" out and forward extensions. They fit well now and fold up like stock and are comfortable. I'm just concerned about cornering. I have done some searching Internet wise and most folks say no problem, we'll see.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
The xl'S must be different in the way they fit than the 19"S with the 19"S the left board at the back by the primary is almost hitting and has no room to fold Up, on the right side as it folds it hits the exaust pipe. I wish I would have asked first. I did install the kuryakin 1" out and forward extensions. They fit well now and fold up like stock and are comfortable. I'm just concerned about cornering. I have done some searching Internet wise and most folks say no problem, we'll see.
The XLs mount the same and have the same issue with hitting primary and exhaust. To answer the cornering question.... I drag them often and I don't consider myself an overly aggressive rider. If I put them out an inch I'd be dragging them a lot more.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Have 13" shock rear and 21" tire in front stock tubes
XL BB + 1 +1 on extenders, but use the forum sponsor ones (cant think of name but hog something)
Lean hard and never scrapped, its the 13" rear that helps most and std 21" in front creates proper trail angle

·
Registered
998 Posts
I have the XL's with the 1 inch out spacers. I don't ride very hard but I have only scraped boards one time in probably 20k miles. Mike is a 13 X with 14 street glide stock shocks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts