Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 12 ultra and was thinking of putting the bars harley uses on there police model. I had a set on my 05 RK and they worked well for me. Just not sure if the stock cables will still work or not. And also dont know how to go about getting them. The set I got back in 05 came off of a retired police bike from a friend of mine. They are actually just a short ape but I am sure someone here will direct me in the right place. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
If they are just a short ape you should be able to use all the stock cables and wires. I put 10" apes on mine and everything was plenty long plus my new bars were 4" wider than stock.

I would guess you can buy the bars from HD. Check with PC Pain on the forum. He can hook you up.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stopped by the dealer today it appears that the same handlebars on a Police RK are the same as stock Heritage bars. So I know they will fit with stock cables. Can anyone tell me the difference in rise and pullback between stock RGU bars and stock Heritage bars.

·
Registered
740 Posts
The difference is night and day. Someone has a thread with them laying on top of each other. Heritage bars really work for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts