Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just going to throw an FYI out here. I contacted Barnett to get definitive information on there clutch springs because I have been thinking of making a change to the clutch due to the lever pull (i miss easy pulls). Anyway the Barnett standard spring is around 350lbs and their heavy duty spring is around 450lbs. So for those of us hanging in the low 100's for torque and HPs the Barnett standard may be an option.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I'd have to look and see what the stock one that came out of my 110. I took it out and put the AIM 480 in it when I did my Clutchwiz. Pushing 116 on the torque and that heavier spring seems to help.

sent by my Droid using a TapaTalk knock off app!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Just going to throw an FYI out here. I contacted Barnett to get definitive information on there clutch springs because I have been thinking of making a change to the clutch due to the lever pull (i miss easy pulls). Anyway the Barnett standard spring is around 350lbs and their heavy duty spring is around 450lbs. So for those of us hanging in the low 100's for torque and HPs the Barnett standard may be an option.
Yes.
We use/stock the heavy duty's here.
Also combined with a VPC92T, that will hold onto 150/150.
Scott

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After reading other threads on here and other forums I just wasn't sure what the pull was of the Barnett HD spring in my bike. I don't believe I need more then 380lbs for my setup and didn't want to spend another 200-300 bucks on a VPC. Knowing I have the 450lbs now makes me believe I can downgrade to the standard 350lbs spring which is heavier then the 330lbs OEM without worry of slippage. I have already ordered the standard spring and will install it next weekend. I will post my findings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts