Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bars / handlebars 2019 Road Glide Special

Hello, I have some questions on a bar set up and hoping you all can help me.

How high can I go with out changing the stock cables such as brake line and clutch cable.

thanks

2019 Road Glide Special

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
I had 14" f47 bars on my 17 RGS no problem. This winter I will be putting them on my 18 RGS, I will be getting the extensions for the left side, it works but its snug.

Factory 47 has a video of a 16" install.

I am sure others will jump in.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Just installed 14 KST Stright jackets and did not need to lengthen any lines
2019 CVO

·
Registered
207 Posts
In all honesty, it depends on the brand. Different companies measure different spots on the bars for some reason. Factory 47 14" fit. I have Road6 13", and have no more clutch hose to go higher. The style of the bars makes a difference, but realistically, roughly 13" give or take. So most bars that are 12, 13, or 14 should fit with no issues.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Just installed 14 KST Stright jackets and did not need to lengthen any lines
2019 CVO
I am looking at straight jacket bar and have a few of questions.
1. Pull back shows 6", how does work for you as far as arms extended vs OEM bars
2. Are these a true 14" bar?
3. Can you measure the top of the base to the top of the bar
4. Post some pics

Thanks

·
Registered
569 Posts
I just had 14" KST Renegades installed at the Lone Star rally on my 18 and no extensions needed.

·
Registered
895 Posts
no extensions for my 12" Yaffe on a '18 RGS, and I think 14" would have been ok also but nothing above that in the Monkey Bars
Gldlver, those Yaffee looks KILLER on your Shark....Big fan of Yaffe's....Did up 10", but sat on a few bikes with bars during Gettysburg bike week to see what felt good.

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Gldlver, those Yaffee looks KILLER on you Shark....Big fan of Yaffe's....Did up 10", but sat on a few bikes with bars during Gettysburg bike week to see what felt good.
Thanks, I love them, tried several different styles in Sturgis and like the width and look of them, they were worth the wait for me

If I knew how to post larger pics I would

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
How high can I go with out changing the stock cables such as brake line and clutch cable.
I think this is the wrong question - the question should be, how comfortable can I be, and avoid wasting money making minor changes when I could be more comfortable if I just spent the money to do it right. If you would be more comfortable with taller bars that required cables, why wouldnt you do that? Not sure about you, but I spend hours/days on my bike.

Also, the stock cables are not very attractive.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Doesnt Factory 47 have a video showing the install of 16'' apes with stock hoses, and just wiring extensions?

I have 14'' KST Outlaws on my 2019, and everything worked great, i only added two extension i got from harley (pulled out of mechanics toolboxes lol) because it bothered me not having the wires sit in their holder under the gauges.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Doesnt Factory 47 have a video showing the install of 16'' apes with stock hoses, and just wiring extensions?

I have 14'' KST Outlaws on my 2019, and everything worked great, i only added two extension i got from harley (pulled out of mechanics toolboxes lol) because it bothered me not having the wires sit in their holder under the gauges.

Bars look great!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts