Road Glide banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not a small guy. 6'3 and 290 lbs with a 36 inseam. My mid section is well fortified but short. Its hard to find shirts to fit because of my belly requires them to be longer. Although I am currently addressing that issue as best as possible I need some base layer shirts to fit for my summer rides. I am a 2xlt or 3xlt depending on brand. Thats the only way to get them to tuck in. Anyone come across a brand that is hefty friendly with their under shirts?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
base layer shirt

I wear ex-officio undergarments when I ride and have for years. They are vastly superior to anything cotton, pulls the sweat right off you and you don't feel wet.

L.L. Bean sells them, among other vendors.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Another vote for Duluth Trading company.

Shirts fit fantastic, i like their Armachillo line. Their buck naked underwear is also fantastic, I'm wearing it right now and you can't even tell.

The extra body length in the shirts works well with my Molson muscle and prevents any embarrassing view of the plumber's pencil holder.

Calgaryglide

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
3,814 Posts
Under Armour is the way to go. I had the same issue & they worked. Since then I've lost a bunch of weight & still but there products. Under Armour is great to work with if you need to return any products & very fast shipping. Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm 6'4" and 315 lbs. I agree Under Armour is great. I wear 3xl long sleeve heat gear in the summer. I wear either the fitted or compression shirts, both are long enough to tuck in. The compression shirts are obviously tighter and have a small elastic band around the bottom (but are still comfortable). The fitted shirts are just loose enough to not flap in the wind.

These shirt are great for keeping you dry and fighting sun burn. When it is really hot just pour on some water and instant air conditioning.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just purchased the Cycle Gear "Heat-Out" branded undergarments HEAT-OUT - Base Layer Riding Shorts - Bottoms - Base Layers - Street - Cycle Gear & HEAT-OUT - Base Layer Long Sleeve Crew Neck Top - Tops - Base Layers - Street - Cycle Gear before a trip from so cal to the River in Arizona. Left at night and through the desert where it was 98-101 at 10:00-11:00 at night, felt grrreat! Very comfortable. Hotter on the way home Sunday, upwards of 105 and slightly windy (hot wind), got home felt refreashed and ready to go riding some more! My buddy who went with, didn't have those...was misirably hot the trip home...needless to say, he's getting some before the next ride.

Plan on purchasing other brands to compare...but right now...these things are a steal - 50% off!!!!

The "Riding Shorts" kept me NOTICABLY cooler than the normal heat from the 103 monster!

Good Riding
RGHoller

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.