Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Its time to do something with the stock system on christine ( 08 custom )
I have searched the forum and haven't really found what i need :eek:, so here goes
head unit ?????
speakers that fit stock location in fairing ???????
adapters if needed for speakers ???????
amp ????? ( maybe depending on budget )
head unit mount kit ??????
head unit wire harness adapter with hand control adapter ???????
I saw some where on here some kind of cover for the radio to protect it from weather ???????
I am on a low budget , I know other members are on tight budgets also and maybe i can learn from their hits and misses
Thanks for everyones help

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i am not sure what to do , I see members using different speakers , when i look them up they don't say if they are weather resistant or not

·
Registered
406 Posts
Soundz Custom will put together a package for everything you need. I just bought a complete head unit, amp , speakers and adapters, hand control harness for a complete plug and play system. I had to splice one wire and that's it. It was for a 05 Electra Glide. The owner Pete answers email promptly and be contacted with a phone call .

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heres what i found so far , their goes the amp idea , $ 500.00 was the extreme cap at this time

HOPPING CART
Alpine UTE-52BT
500UTE52BT Change quantity
Alpine UTE-52BT
Digital media receiver
IN STOCK
2008 Harley Davidson Road Glide Motorcycle
$139.99

Qty1

Item(s) total
$139.99
Scosche HD7000B Factory Integration Adapter for Harley-Davidson
142HD7000B
Scosche HD7000B Factory Integration Adapter for Harley-Davidson
Fits select 2006-up Street Glide and 1998-up Road Glide models (single-DIN)
IN STOCK
$24.99

Qty: 1

Add accessories for this product

Item(s) total
OEM Adapter Discount
You save $25.00
$24.99
Polk Audio db651
107DB651 Change quantity
Polk Audio db651
6-1/2" 2-way car speakers — for 6-1/2" and 6-3/4" openings
IN STOCK
*Sorry, we haven't researched your vehicle, so we won't be able to provide installation accessories or MasterSheet™ instructions.
$74.99

Add a SquareTrade Protection Plan for this product

Item(s) total
Sale $25.00 off
You save $25.00
$74.99
PAC SWI-RC
541SWIRC Change quantity
PAC SWI-RC
Steering wheel control interface — connects your car's steering wheel audio controls to an aftermarket stereo
IN STOCK
*This adapter is not compatible with Rosen or Car Show brand car stereos.
$69.99

Item(s) total
$69.99

·
Registered
3 Posts
I Installed a Hog Tunes amp that came with better speakers that mounted right into the inner fairing. Got it on Ebay. It was a huge improvement from stock and I can now hear my music witout it drowning out even at highway speeds. It was all plug and play. Just be careful how you route the wire harness. I didn't and wound up with some issues from a wire shorting from rubbing against the amp housing box. Easily fixed but had no idea what was going on till I found it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi all,
Its time to do something with the stock system on christine ( 08 custom )
I have searched the forum and haven't really found what i need :eek:, so here goes
head unit ?????
speakers that fit stock location in fairing ???????
adapters if needed for speakers ???????
amp ????? ( maybe depending on budget )
head unit mount kit ??????
head unit wire harness adapter with hand control adapter ???????
I saw some where on here some kind of cover for the radio to protect it from weather ???????
I am on a low budget , I know other members are on tight budgets also and maybe i can learn from their hits and misses
Thanks for everyones help
Whats your budget? I read thru this and found something you mentioned about $500. Is that correct? If it is, that is VERY doable for a 2 speaker system. Here's what you need....

Adapters...$50
Speakers...Infinity Kappa 62.11i
Amp...there are TONS of options. If you want to upgrade later, go ahead and get a 4 channel so you can add rear speakers later on. I would recommend the Soundstream PN4.520 or the Power Acoustics RZ4-2000D. I have no experience with the Power Acoustic but both can be had for about $120.
Head unit...find one with 4v pre-outs. Check the Sonicelectronix link: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_f114-3_f129-417_i10_single-din-car-stereos-single-din-car-stereos.html?filter_f_r_21[min]=4&filter_f_r_21[max]=4
Adapter and Harness kit: Amazon sells it as a package for about $100.

This all should be a great starting point for adding on later. Those Kappas are the ones I have in my bike now and they sound awesome. Good luck with what you decide to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts