Road Glide banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv done alot of research, and have found some information, just not much on the rushmore.

I'm interested in purchasing the Bassani Road Rage II For my 2015 RGS. From what I understand the B1 is intended for built engines. I think the B4 is what I'm looking for then. If someone could verify this that would be great. I'm running just a stock 103, pipe intake and tuner. I wanna go with the black pipe. From the pics it looks very matte, does anyone know if it's offered in a glossier finish?

I have alot of confusion on this pipe, whether to choose the B1, B4, or mega phone. I love the looks, and sound, just not quite sure which is which. I ran this same pipe on my 13 breakout and loved it

· Registered
3,781 Posts
Did you try calling Bassani?

Contact Bassani via email, mail, or phone - Bassani.com

Iv done alot of research, and have found some information, just not much on the rushmore.

I'm interested in purchasing the Bassani Road Rage II For my 2015 RGS. From what I understand the B1 is intended for built engines. I think the B4 is what I'm looking for then. If someone could verify this that would be great. I'm running just a stock 103, pipe intake and tuner. I wanna go with the black pipe. From the pics it looks very matte, does anyone know if it's offered in a glossier finish?

I have alot of confusion on this pipe, whether to choose the B1, B4, or mega phone. I love the looks, and sound, just not quite sure which is which. I ran this same pipe on my 13 breakout and loved it

· Registered
157 Posts
I have a Bassani B4 pipe on my 2015. The pipe worked well with the stock motor, a remap (Power Vision) and a Ness Big Sucker. I just finished a cam change, head work and another remap and its still great.

· Registered
365 Posts
I am sorry guys but the Bassani with all its wierds bends in the header is just wierd ugly. Did you look into the D&D Fat Cat?

It also looks like the Bassani comes in black and black ceramic. So the finish may be different. I would go for cermaic for better thermal properties.

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I respect your opinion big dog, but this exhaust just has a hold on me. I like loud exhausts, I really dig the tone of this pipe. I had it on my 2013 breakout, really liked it, except for the heat shields faded on me. Iv been back and forth between the Bassani B4, and the Dragos Dragula, but my minds pritty well made up

Stupid question for you guys. The bassani road rage b4 for my bikes part number is FLH747B. On ebay I'm finding this part number but they are only listing the road king. Or street glide for fitment. Anything that part number is the correct fit right? Maybe they are just not mentioning all fitment options?

· Registered
852 Posts
I've been running a Bassani B4 on my '13 for 25,000 miles now.
Larger pic

Pro's
  1. Sounds great
  2. Makes good power
  3. I like the look

Con's
  1. Bend is very hot on leg escpecially passenger (yes my bike is well tuned)
  2. Sounds great but is loud and that wears on you after several hundred miles
  3. The black coating has not held up well on either the heat shields or the muffler at the connection
  4. Scrapes when turning right slightly before floorboard
  5. The bracket at the transmission is not well thought out. If not set up just right or moves slightly over time it will get into the the rear brakelight switch and kill it

Just my 2 cents but I would buy a Dragula if I had it to do over. I was going to but at the time Frank had long delays on his black pipes so I went with my second choice, the Bassani.

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Taxes came in Woop Woop! Finally about to pull the trigger on this exhaust.

Can anyone tell me what the differnece between bassani's Megaphone and Straight mufflers... the road rage 2 B4 is offered in either megaphone or straight

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.