Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2017 RG Ultra. Going stage 1 and trying decide between Bassani DNTs or V&H High Output slip-ons.

Anyone have experience with either on a M8? Want deep throaty sound but not too loud while cruising. Still want to hear the stereo.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just bought a 2017 RG Ultra. Going stage 1 and trying decide between Bassani DNTs or V&H High Output slip-ons.

Anyone have experience with either on a M8? Want deep throaty sound but not too loud while cruising. Still want to hear the stereo.
I just installed the DNT straight cans like a week ago on my M8. I'd describe it exactly as you said, really deep and throaty at idle, but not too loud while cruising. and it has a decent rumble to it while you hit the throttle on take off, too. I just got home from a ride with a buddy of mine who has a bobbed out ratrod with V&H shortshots on it, crackling away like a fuckin shotgun, and at idle, the deepness of my pipes drowned his pipes out with a bass-filled, deep ass rumble.

No experience with the V&H high outputs, but I LOVE these DNTs. :)

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
I had DNT Slips on my 16 RG and LOVED them and the name is exactly what you are looking for "Deep-N-Throaty" - They are quiet at Idle and have a wicked sound on the beans - I Ran V&H Power Dual Headers and the bike ran STRONG for a Stage 1 and sounded great awesome while doing so

·
Registered
63 Posts
V&H High Output

I have a 2017 RG Ultra and just finished adding the V&H High Outputs. I chose the V&H because I was looking for sound, not volume. I could not be happier with the result. I had a Screamin Eagle Road Glide years ago that I ran Rinehart's on and I thought that sounded good. But the set-up I have now sounds really, really good to me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2017 RG Ultra and just finished adding the V&H High Outputs. I chose the V&H because I was looking for sound, not volume. I could not be happier with the result. I had a Screamin Eagle Road Glide years ago that I ran Rinehart's on and I thought that sounded good. But the set-up I have now sounds really, really good to me.

Same here. 2017 RG Ultra, M8 with V & H HO's and with Power Dual Headers. Very deep sound and does add seat of the pants power.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!

Thanks for the input. Went with V&H power duals and Bassani DnT. Very happy with the sound and performance. Love this bike!

Rookie mistake for posting in Forum Rules.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply Swomack, I just wanted to confirm you are talking about the Power Duals for the Milwaukee Eight. I agree the Power Duals have been great on the Twin Cams but Vance and Hines is claiming their Power Duals for the Milwaukee Eight are CARB compliant. Makes me wonder how they comply

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply Swomack, I just wanted to confirm you are talking about the Power Duals for the Milwaukee Eight. I agree the Power Duals have been great on the Twin Cams but Vance and Hines is claiming their Power Duals for the Milwaukee Eight are CARB compliant. Makes me wonder how they comply
I'd just call V&H direct.
A great group over there and the would be more then willing to answer your questions for the M8 version.

Good Luck

Swomack

1 - 14 of 14 Posts