Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently installed a Rockford Fosgate amp and four 6.5 inch polk speakers. The bike ran fine for about a week after install but towards the end of last week it it began to become harder to start. I park it Friday went away for the weekend and attempted to start it this morning. The bike was not on a battery tender since I figured it was only going to be sitting for 4 days.

The amp has a power wire running directly to the battery with an inline fuse. The speakers are soldered in to the supplied fosgate connectors and connected directly into the amplifier. From what I've read as long as the speaker wires are connected to the amplifier directly I did not need to run the remote wire to shut the amp on and off.

What am I missing here?

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I had the same problem once. Turn up the sensitivity on the amp, I guarantee you the amp is not shutting off, and that is killing you battery.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you turn up the sensitivity on the amp? I was going to splice into the main power line and install a cutoff switch. Just need to remember to turn it off when I park the bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as grounding I ran the ground back to the negative on the battery per Rockford fosgate specs on their knowledge base. If the amp is functioning properly how can I test the ground?

·
Registered
516 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
As far as grounding I ran the ground back to the negative on the battery per Rockford fosgate specs on their knowledge base. If the amp is functioning properly how can I test the ground?
That's not grounding it. Ground and negative aren't exactly the same thing. Find a bolt that goes directly to the frame and connect your ground that way.

Sent from the roadglide.org Monarch's phone

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will try swapping the ground location and will also check the Variable High Level Adjustment on the amp itself. I read throught the section on that adjustment but need more information on that. By adjusting the setting between 4v and 6v does it actually delay the amp turning on and off?

Thank you eveyone for the input so far.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts