Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i installed a new sony head unit and kenwood amp i used the Metra install kit which is all plug and play. I ran the power from the amp strait to the battery and the amp ground with the head unit ground something is still drawing power causeing the battery to be dead over night...Can anyone here help me trouble shoot this issue.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Hi soup22; I second what wevsspot said.
Bear with me I just have to ask – does your head-unit come with a remote turn-on wire? If not, you need to wire the remote turn-on from the amp to the power wire of the head-unit. You could also use a power wire from the acc which turn off with the ignition.
Just for the record – I have learnt everything the hard way! :D

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Like other 2 guys said, remote turn on wire

·
Registered
123 Posts
I thought I was reading something over on HDF about some guys having trouble with the metra kits draining their battery. May want to pop over there and do a search to see what you can find.

Easy way to test this is to disconnect the metra overnight tonight to see if it still happens.....

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I thought I was reading something over on HDF about some guys having trouble with the metra kits draining their battery. May want to pop over there and do a search to see what you can find.

Easy way to test this is to disconnect the metra overnight tonight to see if it still happens.....
Just pull the inline fuse you put on the feed wire and leave til overnight for check.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well after talking to Metra when i installed the kit and turned the bike on to check it i didnt hook up the blinkers which has caused the system to stay on. They said it has something to do with the bike computer going into safe mode. I have to uninstall the kit and reinstall the factory stereo turn it on with all lights reconected then turn it off let it sit for 5 min then uninstall the factory stereo and re install the after market stuff. THEN put everything back together before turning the key on....more troublr than it worth lol

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
well after talking to Metra when i installed the kit and turned the bike on to check it i didnt hook up the blinkers which has caused the system to stay on. They said it has something to do with the bike computer going into safe mode. I have to uninstall the kit and reinstall the factory stereo turn it on with all lights reconected then turn it off let it sit for 5 min then uninstall the factory stereo and re install the after market stuff. THEN put everything back together before turning the key on....more troublr than it worth lol
What bike you working on ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts