Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for the guys with multiple amps on their bikes.

When using RCA outs on your amps, you must connect a remote wire to tell the amp to shut off. Out riding today and battery started draining. Voltage got lower and lower. Came home, turned the bike off and checked my newest amp. At the power terminals, even with the power off, it was showing 12v.

Should it show power with the bike off?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
The remote wire from the amp has to go to a keyed power source (key on power). Not sure where you have it connected to but if you think the amp is not turning off then start there. Also get the bike started and make sure that it's charging properly as well.

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
I have a question for the guys with multiple amps on their bikes.

When using RCA outs on your amps, you must connect a remote wire to tell the amp to shut off. Out riding today and battery started draining. Voltage got lower and lower. Came home, turned the bike off and checked my newest amp. At the power terminals, even with the power off, it was showing 12v.

Should it show power with the bike off?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
You will always have 12 v power at the amp. It's just not using it, unless the remote wire tells the amp to turn on.The remote wire will only be hot when the bike's ignition is on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.