Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time my '09 FLTRSE3 will not start. I've had the tender on it 2-days and the starter solenoid just clicks (loudly). voltage is 12V but drops off quickly. Thinking I have a bad cell, which I cannot check due to sealed case. Thoughts on a new battery before tearing into the electricals?
Appreciate your thoughts.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Reactions: rlaf75 and Mike U

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
If you have an Advanced Auto nearby, you can find good coupon codes online plus your old battery exchange a deal can be had and don't have to wait. I did it online, waited a half hour to pick it it up. That thing lasted 4 years and was still going strong when I traded that bike in for the RG.

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
If this is Your original battery in a 09 consider Yourself Very Lucky that would be 10 years on an OEM Battery.
Like jcarruth stated go online to battery mart (click the link he provided) and get the Big Crank and be done.
Best of Luck.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
+1 on the big crank battery if you can wait for it to be delivered

Reactions: Mike U

·
Administrator
10,509 Posts
My battery from battery mart lasted about a year .. Odd man out I guess . I used to get six or seven years , but all the crap on them now if you get past two years , you are doing good ..

JtB

·
Registered
988 Posts
Yep, a little over 3 years on my 2015 witht the oem battery before it went tits up. They definitely don't last like they did with the older bikes.

Lil Chief

Reactions: ChromeSpark

·
Registered
116 Posts
I felt I always good good use from HD batteries dropped in a new one on my 2010 Roadglide custom couple of weeks later battery stared acting up
Thought the dealer sold me a bad one then I realized that my tender was 7 years old got a new one, problem solved.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I bought an ATZ-10 Antigravity Li ion with restart technology for my bar hopper this year.
bought it from a local indy for $145.
no concerns about overheating/overcharging, and with the restart feature it won't leave you stranded.

lighter and smaller; have more room for all the doodads i've got hooked to it and 2 sets of terminals makes for a cleaner install

also seems to crank better than any battry i've ever owned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts