Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running a 6 speaker boom stage II system with 3 amps. The battery will drop a charge in less than 20 minutes. I upgraded the charging system with the boom install. Is there an aftermarket battery that's recommended for my setup that will hold a charge longer. I enjoy listening to my radio when parked.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Unfortunately the size of the battery and battery compartment is going to be a draw back in battery charge time when you have that many amps drawing current. You may want to see if you can add a battery by putting it in the saddlebag but that would be a PIA IMO. You could also try putting switches in the amp power lines so you can turn 1 or 2 of the amps off while you are listening to your sound system when parked.
You may also consider just turning the sound system OFF and listening to the other sounds in the world that you are missing, doing this will guarantee you that your bike will start when you want to ride.
Also other people may not want to hear your loud music so you should be considerate and turn it down ;) JMO

·
Registered
17 Posts
Braille B3121 or Odyssey PC925 would work for you, you said you upgraded your stator which one? Ive let mine idle and was able to listen you my music for a good hour and a half and im sure im running more wattage than the boom

·
Registered
203 Posts
IVE been using a Shuriken battery for the last couple months and i love it so far. Bought it on a recommendation from my car stereo guy says thats all he will use on the larger systems. Ive got a rather large system on my bike, An Arc Audio XDi1200.6 with 4 sv165.1s, 4 sv200.1s, and four tweeters (two st35s na two st44s). I have jammed pretty hard on the system in the parking lot for 20-30 minutes and the bike starts up fine. Its not too expensive either.

·
JMJOHN
998 Posts
is it my imagination or are the batteries Harley is installing in the 2014-2015 bikes not near as good as the 2006-2013s ? ,,,,,,,,

I have had to purchase a new one for both my 2014 Ultra Ltd and 2015 R/Glide already ,,,,,,,,,

can't imagine that they could be this bad ??,,,,,,,

·
Registered
574 Posts
Get the biggest CCA battery you can. I got a Yuasa GYZ32HL *500 CCA.
+1 for the Yuasa GYZ32HL. Just got one from phatperformanceparts.com on sale for $144.00. Just put it in and it definitely turns over a lot easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts