Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here it goes my shark is now officially 5 years old and time to replace the OE battery, question which brand do my forum members seem to prefer, I was thinking of going with the Deka EXT30LA which is suppose to be the same as the factory OE battery both have 400 CCA and made in the good ole U S of A, Any opinons would be greatly appreciated thanks everyone.:confused:

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay cool same CCA as OE i imagine, and what was your warrenty on the big crank, one year? that's what deka offers, Big crank was USA made as well correct? Also How are you Nordic been a while since we spoke.

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
Reactions: TLWiz

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
I don't have the specs handy, but I believe the big crank actually has a higher cca than the stock battery. I just recently purchased one from battery warehouse, $109 shipped, and since I paid with paypal, 6 months to pay it off with 0 interest.

·
Administrator
10,595 Posts
When my charging issues a couple years ago ate my OEM , I replaced with that battery , was great , but only lasted a bit over a year for me .. So I guess it wasn't so great ..

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I replaced with a Throttle X Battery a year ago still running strong. 108.95 shipped but I found a coupon for 15% off at Savy. Probably a Deka.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I'm on my 2nd year of my Shorai LFX36L3-BS12 Lithium Ion and it's been great.

540 CCA and 4.8 Lbs. Hard to beat. I've also had one in my Kawasaki for 3 years with no problem.

$240.00 at cycleplicity.com

·
Registered
483 Posts
Is it Worth It?

This is one time that I find the OEM Harley battery is worth the money. I always get 4 or 5 years out of them (plugged into a tender mostly daily). IMO...:grin:

Reactions: JacktheBagger

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
I just got back from bike week and while I was there I picked up a flyer for batteries for HD touring at their booth. I do not know anything about the company and did not talk to anyone about it, but here is their webpage info:

Oakridge Global Energy Solutions, Inc.

They state their batteries are made in the US and they are located in Palm Pay, FL. The flyer states their batteries are Lighium-Ion and are a direct replacement for our bikes.

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
Batterymart.com here too

Reactions: TLWiz

·
Administrator
10,595 Posts
i usually get five to seven out of the OEM , without using the tender much , but like EOD , I pretty much use the tender every day now

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have 5 years on my OE now still reading good, I would like to replace it with a battery that I can get another 5 years out of, I have a deka locally available , wonder how many years most of you members got out of a aftermarket battery? and does anyone know what a OE goes for these days?:confused:

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
I got over 2 years on my big crank in my Low rider. Hoping for many more on both bikes now. Oem seem to last a long time for some reason. I usually get 4- 5 out of oem. This is the 2nd Big crank I bought. So far so good.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So your saying over two years under three, kinda short IMO, stock battery lasted 5 years and changing her out as a precaution, I would expect at least 3 years min outta this big crank, hope I made the right decision ordered one last night for me and my buddy, I saw the deka and the big crank were the same battery made in the same place by east penn. My buddy got 5 years outta his interstate so im guessing it has a lot to do with also keeping her hooked up to a tender.:nerd:

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well the new battery is in, tested the old OE it was def bad had only 208 CCA when its rated at 405, dropped my new big crank in, rated at 400 CCA it tested out of the box at 534 CCA, whoa baby! that's some good power, im happy she turns over real quick, now come to think of it, this battery (the OE) had a slight hesitation almost all of last season, from now on I will swap out my battery every 3 to 4 years just like on my truck. Thanks for everyones advice and special thanks to Nordic Bezerker.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Picked my 08 in Jan 15/08 and still works fine. I must be on borrowed time, been a big bore since it was almost new:surprise:

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 30 Posts