Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first new bike in 17 years. Removed seat to install battery tender connections and can't remove electrical plugs from the plastic cover over the battery. Do they snap off or do I need a special tool? Don't want to break anything

·
Registered
231 Posts
This is my first new bike in 17 years. Removed seat to install battery tender connections and can't remove electrical plugs from the plastic cover over the battery. Do they snap off or do I need a special tool? Don't want to break anything
Check under the left side cover. I went to do the same thing when I got my '16 RGU and discovered there's already one installed under there. Not sure if the RGs/RGSs have them or not, but I'd check there first.

Reactions: Bigfoot

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
mine hangs out below the cover. 16 RGS

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
It's there (if not you've got a factory defect :))

My particular dealer always pulls them out from behind the left cover and drops it out down below so that his customers know they are there :)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Yep, there it was. Plain as day. I never guessed that HD would install something on the bike that they could charge you triple the cost for later :wink:
Great! now you've gone and blown it for the new guys. Once Harley reads this thread they'll start charging triple for the stock tender link.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Even my 2012 had one factory installed. I use mine just to freshen the battery a few days before use after sitting or as over winter every few weeks if NOT riding, heard too many stories and seen too many batteries(mine and my riding buds) basically cooked out of liquid by leaving the charge tender on for seemingly forever. Our newer bikes also have physically HUGE batteries in them, just changed the one in my 2012 at 22,000 miles and five full years use using the tender as noted. Newer rides using a ETX30L series battery I installed a AGM replacement. BTW the terminal blocks under the seat have squeeze tabs on the short sides(both) to clip lock them together.

·
Registered
37 Posts
New bikes usually come with battery tender hook up hanging off the side of bike under the seat. You shouldn't need to do that.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
^^^LoL :grin::grin:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I did he exact same thing on my 15 Road glide. Well, at least now I have an "extra" just in case I want to set my truck up with one for the sub zero days over the winter ....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts