Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I plug my battery tender into the two prong accessory port that's locted on the right side passenger side cover? Sorry but I am new to this bike and don't want to fry anything. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for quick replies.

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
For safety's sake, if you cannot see if the connections run directly to the battery I would verify with a multimeter that you have 12 volts at the connection with the Ignition Switch in the off position. That would be a good indicator that it is hooked directly to the battery and is safe for use of the tender.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I think it really depends on dealer. My 09 street Glide had one. I don't know if it is standard, but They have been on my bikes.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
My 09 has one too. In fact a just had to buy a new tender for it. Couldnt find my old one. Dont you hate it when you let someone borrow something and it decides to grow legs:rolleyes:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Would someone please post a picture of this connector? I went out & checked my bike the first time I read this post & couldn't seem to find it. My dealer is pretty good, so I can't imagine that it wouldn't be there! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
If mine has one, I didnt know it. I installed the one that came with the charger, so may have two. Going to look later.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
My '11 RGU came with it installed.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Would someone please post a picture of this connector? I went out & checked my bike the first time I read this post & couldn't seem to find it. My dealer is pretty good, so I can't imagine that it wouldn't be there! Thanks in advance.
Here's 2 shots taken over the right side passenger boards:

Disconnected:

Connected:

Hope this helps find it, if its there :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think it's just something some dealerships install to keep the stock fully up and ready to go in case someone takes a shine to a particular bike. Doubt it's stock.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have always wondered about this, you think it is a dealer installed item? Where in the devil did they get all those plugs without the tender? That being said, my 08 came with one, I always figured it was a factory installed item

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thanks

for the pictures. Now I have to put the shoes on and go to the shop and check. If that is it I still won't be able to use it though! My tender/charger (Ctek) has a different connector I believe! Bummer. :(
But again, thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks for the replies and the pictures. Mine did not have one. I added one myself. Sounds like it is something some dealers choose to install.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
The part is a $7.95 H-D Parts and Accesories option. My dealer puts them on all new bikes as part of assembly and adds on the $7.95 to the sticker price.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I think they come on the bikes

My 01 FXDL, 07 FLHX and 09 FLTRSE3 all had one on it from the factory. My dealer would not even give me a t-shrt i'm sure they didn't fork over a free battery tender lead. FACE

1 - 20 of 33 Posts