Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after charging all night the light still shows charging. It's never taken that long to charge. The battery isn't a year old yet, I'm thinking the tender may be bad.

·
Registered
941 Posts
So after charging all night the light still shows charging. It's never taken that long to charge. The battery isn't a year old yet, I'm thinking the tender may be bad.

If the charger lights on, then likely ok. Loo to your battery connection. All the terminal connections + & -, not only trickle charger.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Depends on which version you have. I have the HD version.

Flashing Amber = Disconnected

Solid Amber = Begin charging

Flashing Green = Almost charged

Solid Green = full charge

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Unplug the tender from the outlet or extension cord and plug it right back in. The light should go to green if it is charged, if not something may not be connected properly, most likely at the battery. If your connections are all good, it could be the battery tender.

The other option is that you have a bad regulator and there was a VIN recall on those. That should be looked into, as well. My tender did not indicate a full charge until the regulator was changed out under warranty.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is the HD battery tender. It worked last week with no problems. This week solid amber for 12 hours. Pulled the fuse and the amber flashed, replaced the fuse and checked all the connections, all tight. Is there a way to check the voltage with a voltmeter from the tender without killing myself? Don't think the battery is already bad on a 2013 model.

·
Registered
364 Posts
IT all depends on the amperage output of the tender...if it is a small 0.5 amp charger it will take well over 24 hours to top up a charge.

Looks like your unit is OK based on the green you got:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts