Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The connection or pigtail in my opinion is in a not so easy place. Where are you guys running this pigtail so that you don't have pull the saddlebag and side plate?

2016 RGUltra

·
Registered
374 Posts
The connection or pigtail in my opinion is in a not so easy place. Where are you guys running this pigtail so that you don't have pull the saddlebag and side plate?

2016 RGUltra
Not sure about the 16s, but my 12 RGC the pigtail hangs in front of the side panel just above the oil dipstick. I have it zip-tied to the rail.
-

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
There is a slot at the bottom of the housing that you stick the wire out of and put the cover back on. It really disappears nicely. I just have the very end sticking out.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a slot at the bottom of the housing that you stick the wire out of and put the cover back on. It really disappears nicely. I just have the very end sticking out.
Thanks Smarty! I will do exactly that. I tried running it up top between the seat and the top of saddlebag and it works but, I'm worried that the cord will scuff up the side plate.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I did the same thing at first but I still didn't like it. I think it's in a bad spot no matter what you do. When you plug the tender into it there is a chance of the wire resting on your hot pipes.

I have heated gear and needed a Coax connection and up higher so it is easier to plug in the heated gear. Like we used to I wired the pigtail to the battery and have it tie wrapped to the saddlebag crash bars I have installed. I have an adapter to SAE for the tender. I also like that it goes directly to the battery instead of somewhere in the harness?

I neatly placed the factory one back where it started. Just giving other ideas/opinions. What works for me might not work for you.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
When my bike was PDI'd they apparently didn't know what to do with it. So they had it up against the belt. Now I have half a tender lead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts