Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using the Yuasa GYZ32HL Battery with 500 cold crank amps...?

i was forced to get a batttery from Autozone as i got stuck down in the village last night ( i knew my battery was weak )

I refuse to buy a harley battery and with all that i have done with my baby i believe she deserves a better battery...

so any comments good or bad

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I'm running one since this spring. Really like the battery. The bike spins over alot faster than with the stock battery. The reviews are great on the battery and its made in the USA. I bought mine at Phat Performance parts for about a buck 20 delivered. Good deal and quick ship.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Have had one in mine for about 2 1/2 years now. Great battery for the price. Spins motor over easily.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
DAMN IT - Your thread title now has the Metallica Song "Battery" stuck in my head............and thats okay

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
My Yamaha Royal Star Venture came stock with a Yuasa battery. It lasted 7 years.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive been into Yuasa Batteries since ive been into bikes and thanks for the feed back, 500 CCA is what got me hooked, ordering it now

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm running one since this spring. Really like the battery. The bike spins over alot faster than with the stock battery. The reviews are great on the battery and its made in the USA. I bought mine at Phat Performance parts for about a buck 20 delivered. Good deal and quick ship.
Phat Performance had it for 132 shipped which is still cheaper than what i found it for and almost forgot i had an account with Phat Performance which only meant i spent some dead presidents with them lol

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I think you'll like it. You will notice that extra CCA. Good price for a great battery.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think you'll like it. You will notice that extra CCA. Good price for a great battery.
I love it as long as i dont get stuck again because of a battery & i even called H.O.G. 24 hr hotline and they said they dont send anyone out for a boost WTF if it ever happens again ill tell em the bike broke down instead

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i got the battery a few days ago and i wasnt in any rush because i had the new battery from Autozone (Duralast ETX30LA) when i broke down BUT i noticed that my voltage was going down on my digital gauges 11.6-11.4........so im hoping i didnt mess up my voltage regulator when i was trying to boost my bike .....

So today i found some time to work on my bike and installed the battery & it fired right up at 13.0 and running at 12.6-12.7......

so now ill just see what happens when i get on the bike , its tooooooo damn hot to ride now

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
So i found out it wasnt just the battery, after i Boosted my battery from 2 cars when i was stranded over a week ago that i must have fried my STATOR & maybe my voltage regulator and how did i find out you ask.......... ( well maybe you didnt lol)

well after going for a ride today with the fellows my battery voltage started dropping while i was up state in the mountains and when i finally decided to u-turn and head home it was too late, the bikes voltage drop to the point where the bike shut down But being they call me Mcgyver for a reason , Black Diamond and I made it home

So i decided to go with the upgrade 54 amp charging kit from harley, found it new for 150 less than what harley wants

Had a 2005 Goldwing for 7 years and NEVER EVER have i experienced anything close to this shyt lmao

1 - 13 of 13 Posts