Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting a thread to see who is going to BBB this year (2012, in case this thread lives way too long).

When and Where? Even if you are going to be in the area. I know a few folks are going to be up in Eureka Springs. I am staying down in Rogers, only because I can get a hotel for free down there.

I'll be there, arriving as early as I can on Friday, leaving Sunday. Staying at the Hyatt Place in Rogers.

I have had some talk with ZMan, who will be in ES, about meeting up on Friday for dinner. Need to find out who's coming, and where. ZMan said he knows a place in Huntsville. That may be a good place, maybe less crowded, not down in the crazy area, away from ES also.

·
Registered
291 Posts
My plan as of now is to be in Centerton AR Late Thursday night, this will all depend on mine and the OL butt tolerance, this is her first big ride and I seem to have lost my but somewhere olong the way and havent found the perfect seat yet. I am staying with my brother since it is free room and board for a few days. I will wait and see what everyone else thinks and than interject my opinion on a meet up, I plan to ride to eureka springs Friday for a little bit as I want to ride a few roads while I am out there on Friday than hit the rally Saturday.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Me and the Mrs are staying in Eureka Springs Fri-Sun. We ride over to the rally for the day ,then ride back in the evening. We are at the Best Western on the corner of the street that goes downtown to shops and eateries/bars. We plan to go to the track center ( the Harley Village) and Dixon Street on Fri. Want to see the custom car show at the North Ark. Mall on Sat. Lots of venders on Dixon and at the track center.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I'm staying in Eureka Springs as well with Arkieglide although I'm thinking of getting there Thursday and taking in some sights....like the Cathouse :D

·
Registered
316 Posts
I plan to arrive Thursday afternoon staying in Rogers Hampton Inn. I'm leaving Saturday afternoon so a Friday morning meet and greet works best for me.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I plan on being there staying at in laws by Sringfield, Mo. Hour and half ride down want to check out vendors and bike show and ride,If we could meet up in morning check out the Rally and then do some riding that would be great.can do Fri. Sat .and Sun.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got a PM from LadyZ, she seems to be recovering from her Shark Attack :rolleyes:

Right now, my plan is to meet up with as many as possible. Still not sure if it will be Friday or Saturday dinner. Depends.

I will be bringing the Road Glide Flag to hand off to Quicksand for a trip south for the winter. It looks like last winter it went all over Texas, I kinda hope it will make it all the way to Key West this winter :eek:

I would like to get as many members as possible together for a group picture of the hand off, and to let anybody sign the flag who has not been able to.

·
Registered
291 Posts
meet up

I can tell you Dinner really is a crappy time for me to meet up since I am going to be staying with my brother and his family and that will be the only time I will have to spend with them but if that is what is decided by the masses than I will dowhat I can to make it to be a part of the hand off. Just thought I would throw my .02 in.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can tell you Dinner really is a crappy time for me to meet up since I am going to be staying with my brother and his family and that will be the only time I will have to spend with them but if that is what is decided by the masses than I will dowhat I can to make it to be a part of the hand off. Just thought I would throw my .02 in.
I have some other thoughts as well. I need to verify a few things with the principals, but Sunday breakfast may be an option as well. Still thinking. We have a couple of weeks to go, lots of ideas to kick around.

PM me with your cell number, I'll try to keep track of everyone coming and keep you up to date via text messages.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Diner won't work for me,want to get back before dark we will figure something out
I don't blame you, deer like to roam back roads after dark, and there is no direct route up to Springfield.

Sunday breakfast work any better? It would probably be in Eureka Springs.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Breakfast might work if it was early, I have a 650ish mile ride back home that day that I have to complete so I can return to work on Monday :mad:, breakfast any of the other days would work to before we all take off to any rides or the rally. Like I said I will do what I can to be there but do not expect anyone to run their schedule aroudn mine.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
We are staying in Eureka, but would make a point to meet up in Fayetteville, Rogers, or whever for meal and or flag handoff meet/greet. Just let us know and we will be there!

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is an idea for Saturday Lunch. I got this message from QKShift...

"check out Grandmas house cafe south or Fayetteville on 71 nice ride south some good cuves its on the east side fried chicken mashed taters gravey veggies,pies hot rolles all for 8.95 its goooood!!!! ALL YOU CAN EAT"

I added the link (Google+), but otherwise, those are QKShift's words :rolleyes::p;)

It is south of Winslow, AR. Google says it is about 1 1/2 hours from ES, about an hour south of Rogers.

Sounds like it is only open for lunch, which would make it good for those who are not able to stick around late in the evening. It looks like US-72 would be a good ride as well.

One review says Cash Only.

What say we all try to meet there around 11:00 or so, stuff ourselves silly and pass the flag to Quicksand.

After lunch, I am thinking a ride south on US-71, east on US-64 to north on AR-23, The Pig Trail

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have a preference for breakfast over lunch and dinner because more people are less likely to have conflicts, plans or commitments during the breakfast timeframe. Since I'm leaving Saturday afternoon, I also have a preference for a Friday meeting though I could make Saturday work also. But I've not been there before ... And don't know the lay of the land. I'd suggest that someone who does float a suggestion for a time and place and we can check out the responses.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
We are arriving in Eureka on Fri. Morn, so a breakfast meet in Eureka would work but we couldn't make Fayetteville area for breakfast. Lunch in Fayetteville area Fri or Sat would. Dinner in Fayetteville area or Eureka would work for us. Lunch seems to be the easiest to meet while everyone is at the rally events. At breakfast and dinner people are coming from or going to wherever they are spending the night. My $.02.

·
Registered
291 Posts
ONG I feel for you buddy, I have tried getting people together for things before, it can be stressful as H*LL. I like the friday morning breakfast meet up and than those who want to can all go together on a ride, I plan on taking a ride of some sort Friday and Doing the Rally thing Saturday, maybe, if time allows, hit eureka springs Friday as well. I just know in the evenings I need to go back to my Bro's to see the kids, but if I had to I would meet for dinner so I could sign the flag. Good Luck man, I look forward to meeting everyone who can make it. Thursday CANNOT get here fast enough!!!:D

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ONG I feel for you buddy, I have tried getting people together for things before, it can be stressful as H*LL. I like the friday morning breakfast meet up and than those who want to can all go together on a ride, I plan on taking a ride of some sort Friday and Doing the Rally thing Saturday, maybe, if time allows, hit eureka springs Friday as well. I just know in the evenings I need to go back to my Bro's to see the kids, but if I had to I would meet for dinner so I could sign the flag. Good Luck man, I look forward to meeting everyone who can make it. Thursday CANNOT get here fast enough!!!:D
I give up on trying to herd cats. There is just too much going on, and I only really have a day and a half there. The only really important thing, for me, is to meet up with Quicksand and hand off the flag. He is meeting up with Arkieglide, and I have both their Cell numbers. I am hoping to get that done around lunch time on Saturday.

I will be there Friday after lunch, sometime. Riding on Saturday, I am not really into crowds.

·
Registered
291 Posts
You have my cell so give me a call or send me a text where you guys where meeting Saturday and I will do what I can to meet up with you guys. I will be as flexible as possible. I have seen a few people going to ride pig trail Friday so I may try to hook up with them. Friday dinner is not completely out either, I never know what my brother has going on so just let me know the details.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts