Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed out to the 2017 Bikes, Blues & BBQ "BBB" Rally in September, located in Fayetteville Arkansas. There are great websites with maps of suggested rides, and information about events, music, etc.

See: Bikes, Blues & BBQ

What I am curious about are the great, and little known "greasy spoon" to eat, out of the way "must sees", distractions, and recommended "dos and don'ts" from people that have been to this rally and have ridden in this area of the country.

Any recommendations?

-Thanks

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Headed out to the 2017 Bikes, Blues & BBQ "BBB" Rally in September, located in Fayetteville Arkansas. There are great websites with maps of suggested rides, and information about events, music, etc.

What I am curious about are the great, and little known "greasy spoon" to eat, out of the way "must sees", distractions, and recommended "dos and don'ts" from people that have been to this rally and have ridden in this area of the country.

Any recommendations?

-Thanks
Went last year and had a blast! Going again and staying in Eureka Springs again. Super cool little town and close to Fayetteville.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
If you make it to Eureka Springs, hit up the Rockin Pig. Very bike friendly, specific bike parking and nice outdoor patio. They have a lot of the good food but the brisket tacos are amazing.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rockin Pig Saloon

If you make it to Eureka Springs, hit up the Rockin Pig. Very bike friendly, specific bike parking and nice outdoor patio. They have a lot of the good food but the brisket tacos are amazing.
I see a "Rockin Pig Saloon" in Rogers, AR. Is this the place?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Rivertowne BBQ in Ozark AR was good.

Oark General Store and café, food was ok. Lot of bikers there, gravel parking lot.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
the rockin pig in eureka springs is at the eureka springs harley clothing store only open during the ralley, the Pied Piper Pub & Inn and The Cat House Lounge is in eureka springs on hwy 23 just north of the historical museum and you need to get there early to get a parking spot even on a bike. try legends bar in eureka next to the "best western eureka inn" (there are 2 best westerns in town) great place to sit on the porch and watch the idiots ride thru town. google eureka springs in maps and you'll be able to locate all these places. we never went to fayettville to the ralley to much traffic, go to the dealer in rogers ark. and get your shirts, or you can get them in eureka at the rockin pig. then just stay out of town hit all the little pop up bars and enjoy. the "2 wheels saloon" south of town is a good ride down hwy 23, then just follow your front wheel.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Eureka is great. Get a pizza at Chelsea's. Good riding in ever direction. Got to ride the Pig Trail.

I agree! The Pig Trail on Highway 23 is one twisting, curving, fun ride! It's a nice ride from Fayetteville over to Eureka Springs where you can begin the Pig Trail on Highway 23 and head south down into the Ozark National Forest.

·
Registered
713 Posts
also if you want great czech german food hit the "Bavarian Inn Lodge" in eureka springs, the wurst and struddle are fantastic and lots of german beers. try the "Jager Schnitzel" it's also a great place to stay some of the biggest hotel rooms you'll see and the price is the same as best western.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
the rockin pig in eureka springs is at the eureka springs harley clothing store only open during the ralley, the Pied Piper Pub & Inn and The Cat House Lounge is in eureka springs on hwy 23 just north of the historical museum and you need to get there early to get a parking spot even on a bike. try legends bar in eureka next to the "best western eureka inn" (there are 2 best westerns in town) great place to sit on the porch and watch the idiots ride thru town. google eureka springs in maps and you'll be able to locate all these places. we never went to fayettville to the ralley to much traffic, go to the dealer in rogers ark. and get your shirts, or you can get them in eureka at the rockin pig. then just stay out of town hit all the little pop up bars and enjoy. the "2 wheels saloon" south of town is a good ride down hwy 23, then just follow your front wheel.
The Rockin pig that I linked is open year around in a building that sort of shares that big parking lot with eureka springs hd. There is a strip mall between them. I have been there 5 times in the last year, including November and fubruary.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cat House Saloon

This one is in eureka springs as well. This Google link might get you there but their website sucks. If it doesn't, Google eureka springs cathouse for the address or directions. It's a good place too. I like the killaguy burger.

https://www.google.com/search?q=eureka+springs+cat+house&oq=eureka+springs+cat&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.8992j0j4&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=lie
Looks like a pretty quiet place I must say :). Thanks for the pointer.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am going for the first time. I can't recommend anything obviously but I am looking forward to the rally. My crew is staying in Siloam Springs on the OK border.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rivertowne BBQ in Ozark AR was good.

Oark General Store and café, food was ok. Lot of bikers there, gravel parking lot.

Ozark General Store food is good, pies are amazing but they often sell out. Neat place to visit but I'm sure during the rally it's swamped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
The Rockin pig that I linked is open year around in a building that sort of shares that big parking lot with eureka springs hd. There is a strip mall between them. I have been there 5 times in the last year, including November and fubruary.
I was just there 2 months ago. The RP is owned by the owner of the main dealership down the road and the T-Shirt shop which is now located next to a big fire watch tower right on us rte 62.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Any recommendations?

-Thanks
Thanks again to the follow-on posts. The time is getting near! I've been riding a few miles lately and have come to appreciate my RG for long trips. I just returned from a solo ride to the Grygla Minnesota Centennial celebration. Grygla's has a posted population of 211 people. My father grew up on a farm near there so made the trip to perhaps see some relatives for the last time. 2,500 miles round trip with a one day off for the festival.

I mapped out some rural, desolate two lane roads thru North Dakota on the ride back. There was surprisingly some pretty country counter to ND's reputation of being a flat state with the state tree being a telephone pole. The route was very desolate with few people and fewer gas stations. I did run into a ND state trooper parked behind a sign (thought I was watching an old movie). I appreciated the RG's 6-gallon tank and range! My VROD and VMAXs would of been a challenge.

Now time to prepare for ride to and around and the BBB rally!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts