Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little late starting this since I bought my bike last year, but I thought I'd put some stuff up here anyway and give some ideas. Lord knows, you guys have done that for me.

Nearly Stock......right from the dealer

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Dude ... You've been busy. Very nice. Can you ballpark the cost of the transition since that's been a hot topic on the forum?

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,319 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Dude ... You've been busy. Very nice. Can you ballpark the cost of the transition since that's been a hot topic on the forum?
I got the Ultra because it's standard with ABS, lower fairings and security and I like having the touring set up for long hauls - 400+ miles. It's about $2k more as best I can remember.
After that it goes as follows:

Detach kit for tour pak: $650
Badlander seat (black): $150
Progressive 412 12" shocks - $204
Rear fascia w/o brake light - $115

So $1,000 should get you in the ballpark. All of the other chrome, lights, etc...that I added is another $1,000 or so. It's fun to make one your own. Everyone seems to be going away from chrome these days so I'm going against the grain and trying to do everything chrome and BBP. That seat is the perfect touch. Got a painted inner fairing on the way and I'm done until I save up for some wheels.

Contact PC Pain if you haven't and he can help you right along in making
an Ultra Custom! I'm claiming that phrase! :D

1 - 20 of 111 Posts