Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loaded up and ready, we headed out at 4am Saturday morning on our BBQ Run/Butt Burner.

We picked up OldNerdGuy just west of St Louis along with 3 of his friends. A Road Glider, Gold Winger and a Bat Winger.

In Bates City, we picked up BigJack, kirbo and his girlfriend Kim, and kirbo's friend Kyle, qkshift and his wife. (sorry, I forgot to get pics there)

The ride from Bates City to Oklahoma Joes was a bit of a wet one but we were hungry and didnt mind one bit!!

The line was a bit long but it moves fast. Well worth the wait.

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Myrtle putting in her order. "A bunch of BBQ please"

She can only dream......

Cause Frankie isnt sharing!!

Good times, good friends

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thats kirbo's friend Kyle on kirbo's RG. And guess what kirbo was riding??

He looks like he likes that Bat Wing!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For us the trip was 22 hrs and we racked up just under 1100 miles.

For food this good and the even better friendship, I say it was a complete success! Thanks to everyone who showed up. We had a blast!!

Where to next?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Where to next?
It was more than fun. I'm thinking Memphis. Some great BBQ down there too, and it should be a good spot for a lot of folks to get to.

I have a whole bunch of friends in the HOG chapter who ride Road Glides :)

OBTW, that was Ray (Road Glide), his friend Sean (Gold Wing) and Greg (Ultra Classic)

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
You got as many Road Glides on a BBQ run as we had at the Sturgis M&G. :D That must be good BBQ. I should have eaten lunch before looking at this.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I sure hope Myrtle got a heaping helping of some meat. And maybe a big juicy bone to gnaw on while riding back home.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Myrtle putting in her order. "A bunch of BBQ please"

She can only dream......

Cause Frankie isnt sharing!!

Good times, good friends

WOW! Kind of had me thinking this was a before and after picture montage! :D
I know I'm sick, I just don't have better things to do today. SORRY :D not really I thought it was funny

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
Please tell me Myrtle got some....looks like you guys had a great time, thanks for sharing.

·
Shark of the Quarter Apr-Jun13
1,053 Posts
Glad the trip was a success and safe. I love the fact that you took the dog along. Must be the only dog with an Iron Butt number

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Loaded up and ready, we headed out at 4am Saturday morning on our BBQ Run/Butt Burner.

We picked up OldNerdGuy just west of St Louis along with 3 of his friends. A Road Glider, Gold Winger and a Bat Winger.

In Bates City, we picked up BigJack, kirbo and his girlfriend Kim, and kirbo's friend Kyle, qkshift and his wife. (sorry, I forgot to get pics there)

The ride from Bates City to Oklahoma Joes was a bit of a wet one but we were hungry and didnt mind one bit!!

The line was a bit long but it moves fast. Well worth the wait.
Hey Big Jack were you reaching for your wallet were you going to buy man I told Kell your were a nice Guy:D

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Hey Big Jack were you reaching for your wallet were you going to buy man I told Kell your were a nice Guy:D
Hey Big Jack, you missed mine. If I had known you were buying, I would have cut in line right behind you.

The St. Louis gang took the "easy" ride home on US-50. As it turns out, it is not such an "easy" ride in the rain. The streets in Sedalia, where we stopped for gas, turned out to be a bit oily and slick, making stopping and starting, well... interesting. :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
381 Posts
LOL no Kirbo was behind me so I was checking to make sure it was still there. JK of course.
I've been looking for extra cash all week to buy one of those Street Glides, if it's missing that's where it went!

Can't believe I just said street glide ... Thanks to Tracy and Frankie for deciding to come to KC for lunch, it was great getting together again and meeting more of the RG.org family. Since then I've been thinking about doing a 1,000 mile day for myself, possibly Dallas. Heard this Guy named Shrug lives there, maybe he'd round up some fellow Texans for a quick lunch!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Looks like a great time was had by all. Great pics, thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts