Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well boys, I hate to say it and put the fear in your minds, but my 2010 FLTRX had been throwing codes and going into limp mode, the stealer wiggled the connectors and added grease. The results were fine [for a while] then the limp returned once then twice and yesterday leaving the driveway it happened... The bike took off into a panic rev, luckily MY SON! was able to shut her down before shredding one side or the other... If my kid wasn't the skilled rider from racing his entire life HD would be in a world of shit right now.

I will be returning this bike to the stealer on Monday with full intentions of having everything that controls this motor replaced with new components, and have the technician write a full report of his findings along with what happened to case the repairs.

MOST OF YOU MAY BE THINKING BY NOW, THIS 'KID" IS FULL OF SHIT. MY SON WOULD NOT TELL A STORY TO GET ATTENTION AND THERE WAS A WITNESS.

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
Let us know what you find out.
Will keep a watch out for more
Like this .

Sent from the Droid using Tapatalk

·
878 Posts
revrun in the 2011 threads posted a similar issue lately...connected?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
revrun in the 2011 threads posted a similar issue lately...connected?
Can you link me to it? or whar thread is it posted in?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well boys, I hate to say it and put the fear in your minds, but my 2010 FLTRX had been throwing codes and going into limp mode, the stealer wiggled the connectors and added grease. The results were fine [for a while] then the limp returned once then twice and yesterday leaving the driveway it happened... The bike took off into a panic rev, luckily MY SON! was able to shut her down before shredding one side or the other... If my kid wasn't the skilled rider from racing his entire life HD would be in a world of shit right now.

I will be returning this bike to the stealer on Monday with full intentions of having everything that controls this motor replaced with new components, and have the technician write a full report of his findings along with what happened to case the repairs.

MOST OF YOU MAY BE THINKING BY NOW, THIS 'KID" IS FULL OF SHIT. MY SON WOULD NOT TELL A STORY TO GET ATTENTION AND THERE WAS A WITNESS.
Today's findings:

Codes
P1510-Throttle actuator control limited performance
P2122-Twistgrip position sensor 1 low/open
P2138-Twistgrip position sensor correlation error

Looks like both the throttle control and TPS are the culprit. The question is: Did they fail or is it connections or both???

Just as an adder here, I wont be giving up and heading to Honda...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Are you still able to return her under lemon law?

·
Registered
92 Posts
See, this is why I can't figure out why they went to TBW. It's not like weight was an issue like in sportbikes or something.

I'm actually glad I'm on a TC 88 bike. No heat issues, no TBW issues, just pump 87 octane in the tank and pour some dead dinosaurs in the cases and it's good to go.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine is still in the shop for doing the same thing. I'll let you know what they tell me when I fet it back. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
Today's findings:

Codes
P1510-Throttle actuator control limited performance
P2122-Twistgrip position sensor 1 low/open
P2138-Twistgrip position sensor correlation error

Looks like both the throttle control and TPS are the culprit. The question is: Did they fail or is it connections or both???

Just as an adder here, I wont be giving up and heading to Honda...
If you or someone else did any work which required removal of the switch housings you may want to check for a pinched wire, it is real easy to pinch the wires during assembly. These codes are common to a pinch wire condition, be sure to check both switch housings.

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is a well documented 'problem' on ALL 08 and up Touring bikes. It is usually the result of fretted corrosion in the induction module plug (behind the breather) I've dealt with it several times. LOOK at this LINK for more info. Some dealers know a lot about it, others have never heard of it. I have fixed mine myself, for now anyway...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Happens to us tonightbuddies 2011 cvo rg did this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you or someone else did any work which required removal of the switch housings you may want to check for a pinched wire, it is real easy to pinch the wires during assembly. These codes are common to a pinch wire condition, be sure to check both switch housings.
I had a similar problem with my 2011, it was back and forth to the stealer for a week. The end result was a wire chaffing on the frame from the throttle in the fairing. After the wiring was replaced and re-routed I've had no problems or code thrown out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My similar problem turned out to be the throttle position sensor. All better now. Good luck to ya.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
Thanks for the link Mike . Some good info there.

·
Registered
421 Posts
My bike threw the same codes yesterday. I have a 2011 with 1475 on the clock. The bike was purchased new last September. Is this something that is covered under warranty?

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
See, this is why I can't figure out why they went to TBW. It's not like weight was an issue like in sportbikes or something.

I'm actually glad I'm on a TC 88 bike. No heat issues, no TBW issues, just pump 87 octane in the tank and pour some dead dinosaurs in the cases and it's good to go.
TBW has been around for 10 or 15years now in the auto industry and even longer in the aerospace industries . The technology isnt new and has been for the most part perfected in cars, trucks and in planes. The bike are a lil different by being "open" to the elements like moisture and full on rain that in time will cause corrosion where as in vehicles, all the components are on top of the engine and below the hood where they stay pretty much dry and element free. Im not trying to defend the MoCo just making the statement

1 - 18 of 18 Posts