Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
We rode Beartooth Pass last year. Fantastic ride. The wind was the thing that had me most puckered. I declare it must have been gusting at 60 mph. Thought I'd get blown off the side, or just fall over the other way when the gust stopped. Got a little snow/sleet too that made it interesting. Us south eastern guys aren't used to seeing that in July. Awesome ride.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I almost missed that road back in '12 when I was riding out west. Sure glad I spent time talking to locals and made the change in my route to get it in.

July 2012.

Some captures from the GoPro videos. I haven't yet figured out how to make the videos small enough to upload somewhere.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Chief Joseph, Beartooth Pass and the Big Horns are pretty hard to beat....along with extreme northwest Montana....Libby, Yaak, Eureka area, and the Lochsa/Hwy 12 across Idaho(99 miles pix). I was lucky enuf to do CJ, 4, and BTP 5 times last season..... in about 2011 I did them on the 4th of July on the way back from Cody and there were 20'+ drifts still along side the road up on top.......got cold for a while...on an otherwise hot day... And one year, way back, while riding my shovel, we were up there the first of August, right before the Sturgis rally, and got snowed on...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts