Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of us in the Southern Cruisers Riding Club from Roanoke, VA took off on an all day WV ride through some super crazy fun twisties. The ultimate goal was to go over Rt 311 through Paint Bank and past the Greenbriar, and up to Beartown State Park in Pocahontas County, WV. From there we looped back around through Hillsboro and Marlington, WV then over through Warm Springs and into Alleghany County through Douthat State Park and back to Roanoke (going on Rts 311, 219, Rt 39, Rt 60 I think it was that went through Douthat, and then finally 220 back home .

I am planning a small group ride to ride the Back of the Dragon in Tazwell, VA this fall as the leaves start to change colors, but that ride doesnt seem near as exciting after some of the roads we took today. This was a 220ish miles to my house with dang near 3/4 of it on tight twisties and through multiple mountains running through the George Washington and Jefferson National Forests.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few of us in the Southern Cruisers Riding Club from Roanoke, VA took off on an all day WV ride through some super crazy fun twisties. The ultimate goal was to go over Rt 311 through Paint Bank and past the Greenbriar, and up to Beartown State Park in Pocahontas County, WV. From there we looped back around through Hillsboro and Marlington, WV then over through Warm Springs and into Alleghany County through Douthat State Park and back to Roanoke (going on Rts 311, 219, Rt 39, Rt 60 I think it was that went through Douthat, and then finally 220 back home .

I am planning a small group ride to ride the Back of the Dragon in Tazwell, VA this fall as the leaves start to change colors, but that ride doesnt seem near as exciting after some of the roads we took today. This was a 220ish miles to my house with dang near 3/4 of it on tight twisties and through multiple mountains running through the George Washington and Jefferson National Forests.
Pics Part 2

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
great to get out in the woods whenever possible. fresh air lifts the spirits!

thanks for sharing. looks like a good time.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Beautiful area! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Thanks for sharing those awesome photos. Just rode some of the same and have been to that part of WV several times having base camped in Marlington. Back of the Dragon will be more of the same in the area. A few of the corners had gravel and one had a brick-like rock in the middle of the road. Very tight 2nd and 3rd gear curves with a few 1st gear curves thrown in. I miss the SCRC. It's pretty much defunct in Maryland now. My chapter disappeared years ago right after I gave up the reigns to someone else. Glad yours is still riding!

·
Registered
732 Posts
If you thought that was fun, you guys should play follow the leader with me in WV some Sunday. I can show you some fun roads that few riders know about.

·
Registered
528 Posts

Awesome..! Great pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts