Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We I pulled the trigger on a full face lid, I know I mentioned Simpson and Biltwell bit in the end I purchased the Bell. The Bell comes with four vents and four exhaust ports, auto transition shield as well, the others I would have to buy the shield separately. Also venting was much better as well as the helmet feels lighter on my head compared to the other two, even though they are very close I'm weight all being under 4 pounds, it seemed more compact to me that is. I really like the look and had a pretty nice liner inside, I know they need to break in, so it's a bit snug, but like every other helmet I have owned at first. After I take my first ride with it I will post more information.

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
We I pulled the trigger on a full face lid, I know I mentioned Simpson and Biltwell bit in the end I purchased the Bell. The Bell comes with four vents and four exhaust ports, auto transition shield as well, the others I would have to buy the shield separately. Also venting was much better as well as the helmet feels lighter on my head compared to the other two, even though they are very close I'm weight all being under 4 pounds, it seemed more compact to me that is. I really like the look and had a pretty nice liner inside, I know they need to break in, so it's a bit snug, but like every other helmet I have owned at first. After I take my first ride with it I will post more information.
I had this helmet and loved it. The transitions shield was the deciding factor for me.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I have, and have had several Bell helmets over the years. The transition shield is awesome for those that ride in varying sun conditions. I still use my polarized sunglasses for glare.

My Bell Star Carbon is so light I dont feel like I am wearing a helmet.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are really nice, I had a budget to stay on unfortunately, and this helmet far outweighed the Simpson and Biltwell in options and bang for the buck, I think if I am correct its only 3.6 ounces, found it to be very light, I also had 30 dollars RevZilla cash which sweetened the deal, I have the new MIPS helmet, they had a closeout on the older style for a great price but only gloss black and white, I had my head set on matte finish. O got mine for 239.95 shipped which o Hough was great for all the features it came with.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update, so far I have used this helmet on a ride, breaking in nicely and I am pleasantly surprised how well balanced it is and light, boy they come a long way from the last time I had a full face, I really like this lid, might end up using it more than I think. Two thumbs up. Good value IMO.

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
I have the same lid but different livery (see mine below) .......always had good luck with Bell - Bought it when I traded the Bobber for the T120 - They had a sale and then I asked for a deeper discount on accessories when they would not budge anymore on the bike......all because I wanted this lid - The Transition Shield is just brilliant and its like a broken in Ball Cap in terms of comfort for me

Attachments

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree, and I am sure after a few more times should be perfectly broken in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts