Road Glide banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the title says, I'm looking for THE BEST 24/7/365 OUTDOOR motorcycle cover. I'll be without a garage for at least a year, hopefully not more:mad:. I'm in SoCal, so rain is not that much of an issue but it does rain on occasion (as it did tremendously recently:eek:). My '15 RGS will be parked on a concrete driveway when I'm not riding it and I ride it just about everyday:grin:

I want the cover to withstand a warm bike without melting on warm pipes etc. I want to be able to secure it with a substantial cable/lock to slow down jackasses long enough to get the cops there if someone witnesses an attempt to absconde with my ride while I'm sleeping or out running, on a mountain bike ride etc.

Expedient on/off on my part is not an issue when I start/end my ride. No-touch collapsible shelter-types are not an option because the damn HOA won't allow it on the driveway...and even if allowed, there no way to secure the $300-400 shelter to the driveway to keep jackasses from stealing it.

So please help a brother out and point me in the right direction to help protect my bike against the harsh elements that'd do it harm. As I've said, I ridden my bike almost every day since new this past January and I'm already rolling past 14,000 miles on the odo:D so it's not as if its a pristine show-room bike...but I do care for and clean my bike after every ride and I do want to protect it with the best cover when I'm not riding it until I can get it garaged again. Thanks!

·
Administrator
13,732 Posts
People may knock it because of where it comes from , but I love the Harley covers . I use mine every day at werk to cover the bike .. It is a heavy cover and has heat shields sewn in around the lower portion of it ... Also has a strap with a d ring to secure it .. My last cover started dark black in color and when I finally broke down and trashed it , was almost white from the sun fading it ..

Only thing you may not like , if theft may be an issue is they have a Harley logo on the front and rear ..

Last one I bought eight years ago was around a c note ..

JtB

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,630 Posts
He can't use a shelter. That was part of the post.
+1 on the Harley covers. Good quality and they have the lower heat shields. Since it has the Harley logo (no problems if it said "Gold Wing"), I would also get a wheel lock for added security; locking a cover isn't gonna be as effective. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah...shelters are not an option unfortunately....I have an indoor/outdoor HD cover and I know some people would know regardless of what's on the cover what kind of bike may be covered, but I guees its for the occasional jackass who doesn't know...every little bit to mitigate the tampering if my bike helps....

I'm looking for something durable and warm-pipe resistant thatll last at least a year...

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I bought a Paul junior X-large bike cover from Walmart for less than $50.00. Great value, made from good material and I use it on the road all the time and its still in great shape after 3 years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.