Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a really bad back, Pins rods etc. and I am looking for a better ride without going broke. My buddies wife is in the same shape and he just put the $1,800 Legends system on his SG. They rode about 3hrs straight and she loves it.

What is the best air ride for the money for a bad back?????

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
I have a really bad back, Pins rods etc. and I am looking for a better ride without going broke. My buddies wife is in the same shape and he just put the $1,800 Legends system on his SG. They rode about 3hrs straight and she loves it.

What is the best air ride for the money for a bad back?????
Maybe see if your buddy will let you take that bike for a ride so you can get a first hand feel for it. I know $1800 is a lot but if it fits your comfort needs then maybe it will be cheaper than buying a system you're not familiar with and having to replace it or parts until you are satisfied with it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rlaf75, that's exactly what we're gonna do. he knows of my plight so he said, next time we go out, he's gonna trade out with me for 1/2 a day or so and hell, even my wife said that is cheaper than a 4th back surgery. I never thought she'd go for it. Guess she really does love me. Cause I'm worth more dead than alive. LOL
But I would still like to hear from others with air ride

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
The reason I suggested that was because anything comfort related is a very subjective question as everyone needs or requires different things and with money as a concern (and believe me it is for me too) its more frustrating and expensive to go the trial and error way. I did the DIY Monroe air shock set up that's been floating around here for awhile that cost me about $250 which I like but it's not something I would recommend to you because i find its not much different than the stock shocks. Now I can't give it a fair comparison to a high end system as I never had the opportunity to ride a bike with one but I'm sure it's not as good as one either

·
Registered
809 Posts
The best suspension for your back is going to be one that is built for you. Like an Ohlin, JRI, Works etc.

·
Registered
567 Posts
i to have a bad back,i got a diy kit from xotic cycles with monroe shocks. also added a police air seat with a utophia backrest. i am very happy with the ride, the best of the many h-d's i have owned. i ride solo most of the time. when the better half wants to ride, i put the mustang seat on. good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts