Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Been dumping money into my new road glide. Getting Advanblack stretched 4.5” bags and shortly down the road I’d like to run air ride but have never done it before. I’ve heard legends, American suspension and arnott are good choices. Looking to get some insight on what y’all’s recommendations are. I like to ride aggressively in turns. Also if anyone has recommendations for added safety stuff for air ride systems I’d appreciate it. Thank you!

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
First, welcome to the forum. There will get a lot of good information on that here, personally I have the dirty air fast up system. I’ve had it now for over a year about a year and a half and I’m happy with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have purchased Legend for two of my bikes and love them. I put in front forks as well as air shocks. I love them. I ride more casually so I set them for more of a plush ride. I’ve heard good things from the other players out there too, but it’s Legend for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have purchased Legend for two of my bikes and love them. I put in front forks as well as air shocks. I love them. I ride more casually so I set them for more of a plush ride. I’ve heard good things from the other players out there too, but it’s Legend for me.
Thanks. So you threw in the legends regular shocks up front? That’s what I was thinking. I’ve heard really good things about legends.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First, welcome to the forum. There will get a lot of good information on that here, personally I have the dirty air fast up system. I’ve had it now for over a year about a year and a half and I’m happy with it.
Thanks for the welcoming. I’ve been digging around on here about air rides. I’ve heard mixed reviews on the dirty air on here. Like the system has randomly inflated. That’s the only reason I’ve kinda disregarded that as an option. Although their fast up system looks convenient. I have poor luck so I’m sure I’d come into my garage one day to find my bike on its side haha I am happy to hear you’ve had a good experience with to though

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Thanks for the welcoming. I’ve been digging around on here about air rides. I’ve heard mixed reviews on the dirty air on here. Like the system has randomly inflated. That’s the only reason I’ve kinda disregarded that as an option. Although their fast up system looks convenient. I have poor luck so I’m sure I’d come into my garage one day to find my bike on its side haha I am happy to hear you’ve had a good experience with to though
I had not heard of that happening and I have not had issues. When I got mine installed, I had them put in a kill type of switch. That switch is on the other side of the bike from activation switches for the air pump and electronic center stand. I did not want someone to be curious and activate the air shocks and raise it off the center stand, than over goes the bike. If you will be using the stock kickstand, I can air my shocks up all the way and the bike stays on the kickstand. I suggest something like a kill switch for any companies air shock setup just in case.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks. So you threw in the legends regular shocks up front? That’s what I was thinking. I’ve heard really good things about legends.
To be fair, I've not ridden on anything other than Legend and stock. But I liked them enough to get another set on my new bike. Also, the ability to raise and lower the bike with the handle bar controls is sweet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had not heard of that happening and I have not had issues. When I got mine installed, I had them put in a kill type of switch. That switch is on the other side of the bike from activation switches for the air pump and electronic center stand. I did not want someone to be curious and activate the air shocks and raise it off the center stand, than over goes the bike. If you will be using the stock kickstand, I can air my shocks up all the way and the bike stays on the kickstand. I suggest something like a kill switch for any companies air shock setup just in case.
Yeah absolutely. I saw SOB center stand has a safety switch. I am definitely having one in my air ride system. Can never be too safe and gotta keep assholes from fucking with it when it’s parked outside. Never know with people these days.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To be fair, I've not ridden on anything other than Legend and stock. But I liked them enough to get another set on my new bike. Also, the ability to raise and lower the bike with the handle bar controls is sweet.
I’ve read a lot of amazing reviews on the legends system. Probably going with them. I appreciate the feedback man.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts