Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about doing some bag extenders on my bike and just curious to what options are out there and what other guys/gals on here are running.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
I've got HD bag extentions. It's been several years so I really don't remember what I paid for them. Mutazu makes a harley version as well and they offer us a forum discount if you call them. I have a mutazu tour pack I but from them. They are a good company to deal with. I believe kuryakyn makes a metal version that has a lighted option.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm running a set of the Mutazu bag extensions. I had them painted to match and installed them with 3M double sided tape. I've been happy with them and they required minimal bodywork prior to paint.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
I'm running a set of the Mutazu bag extensions. I had them painted to match and installed them with 3M double sided tape. I've been happy with them and they required minimal bodywork prior to paint.

I have the same ones on my sled and they worked out great for me as well.
Swomack

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the same ones on my sled and they worked out great for me as well.
Swomack
Did you have yours painted or did the paint finish work out from matazu? Also, do they just bolt right on?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
The HD extentions come with bolts to mount them. You will need to drill holes in the bottom of the bag to attach them or you can do what others have done and use 3m double sided tape. Personally I prefer the bolts but to each their own

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Is that just extenders or entire lower bag? Looked in H-D book but only found entire bags..
These are bolt on extentions. It may be possible that HD discontinued them because now they sell the actual extented bags. The extentions came stock on the older CVO bikes. The new CVO are full length bags

·
Registered
6,520 Posts

Did you have yours painted or did the paint finish work out from matazu? Also, do they just bolt right on?
I used painters tape and slid them on.
Drilled holes for the hardware.
Removed painters tape.
Bolted them down.
Done

The vivid black was good enough for me without having to have them
painted. Good Luck

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The HD extentions come with bolts to mount them. You will need to drill holes in the bottom of the bag to attach them or you can do what others have done and use 3m double sided tape. Personally I prefer the bolts but to each their own
Ok. I like the looks of the H-D styling just a little better

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
You may need to actually talk to a dealer to see if they are still available. I personally like the looks of the HD ones better too. After all they were stock on the older CVO's

Reactions: cookie114

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just curious the extebders are just for looks right...or is there a way to access them for more storage? Also you all that have them do you have any issues in the twistues with them hitting?

Rich

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Just curious the extebders are just for looks right...or is there a way to access them for more storage? Also you all that have them do you have any issues in the twistues with them hitting?

Rich
Yes the extentions are just for looks. As far as making usable for more storage I suppose you could cut the bottom of the bag and come up with a way to secure the extentions to the bag. I would never recommend doing that. If you what the look and functionality then simply buy extended bags. As far as scraping in corners, I have air ride on the back and I've been known to be aggressive while riding and i never hit the bag extentions.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts

Rich
Correct. I don't think even if you did cut out the bottom of your bags you'd gain anything....the extensions are pretty close to the bag bottoms.

And the Mutazus are GREAT, I'm VERY satisfied with mine.

Reactions: mzierk
1 - 15 of 15 Posts