Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I will have to be replacing my engine, I was going to put a 103 CI back in, but want to leave most of it stock. I have D&D Fat Cat 2 into 1 exhaust and the 58 mm intake, but want to put a cam in that will give me the most bang for my buck.

I am looking at the SE254E, SE255, or SE259E. Has anyone had experience with these on a stock 103?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
News flash bro! With the D&D Fat Cat 2-1 and the 58mm TB you're a long way from stock!

I'm running the 58mm TB as a part of the stage IV and I have se259 cams and love the feel of the bike. You're going to get a 1000 answers from 1000 people that ride 1000 different ways. There is no right answer, it's just what feels good to you.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
If you are not going to do headwork, there aren't many cams that work any better than the Andrews 57H cams. Gary Andrews got this one right from the very get go. It also makes great power in the CVO 110's.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The 58mm intake is overkill for a 103". Throw in a set of Andrews 48's and ride the hell out of it. Much better cams than the three mentioned. Andrews 57's if you want to bump compression and work the heads a little bit.

FWIW I'm running 55mm throttle bodies on two different 124" builds and its plenty.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
The 58mm intake is overkill for a 103". Throw in a set of Andrews 48's and ride the hell out of it. Much better cams than the three mentioned. Andrews 57's if you want to bump compression and work the heads a little bit.

FWIW I'm running 55mm throttle bodies on two different 124" builds and its plenty.
Per Gary Andrews, the new Rushmore bikes compression is perfect for the 57's. Anything more than 10:2-1 is to much. Actually for the amount of work even doing it yourself is not worth the gains from a compression gain. Maybe 3-5 in hp and it will be up in the high rpm range and the torque is virtually the same.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
here is a 2013 RGC 103 with 2-1 Dragula, Zippers AC setup and TC-24 cams, tuned by Ed at the dyno difference

stock heads, compression and TB

attached is my dyno sheet

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great numbers. I have the D&D Fat Cat Exhaust and 58 MM intake leftover from the engine failure. Looking to get a some pull with the new 103, but I know it will be nothing like my Stage IV with CNC MVC heads and what not.

·
Registered
365 Posts
No headwork planned still a big fan of Woods 222 otherwise 555 or 777 depending on how you ride.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I had Woods TW777, which worked well, but that being said, this configuration will be more stock as far as the engine is concerned. Meaning the pistons, heads, and whatnot will be stock. I ride over 20K a year. To include back and forth from work, all year around. 1K rides within a day are not uncommon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts